• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Lucas Arts “favorite” lists

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie -

as Movieman was Surprised he didn’t mention 2 titles as if he must give every Tiles its credits

I was mostly surprised because it were the 2 titles that ranked the highest in AG’s Top 100, and I had given both of them 5 stars out of 5 myself (which really doesn’t happen often - except with LucasArts Tongue).

When I’m presented with a “favourites” list and I pick a diverse bunch of favourites to fill in the list, then yes, I’ll be surprised when two of the most beloved titles around (that I loved just as much too) didn’t make my own list…

It’s not just because I wanted to give every title its credits, otherwise I would have mentioned Loom as well… Wink

Advie -

P.S: i love and played all lucas Games they are great but they are so little . and from those little there were 3-5 up to Sierra’s Standards .

You’re talking about the 3-5 worst LucasArts games, aren’t you??? Wink Naughty

@ Dag: you’ve convinced me. Duckman has been added to my list of games to play (and it’s not in the lower half of that list, either). Thumbs Up
Thanks for deleting that link - we have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to piracy.

Also:
Let’s not get carried away into a “Sierra vs. LucasArts” flamewar. Both companies (and their game catalogues) have their strong points and their weaknesses, and some people will always prefer Sierra over LucasArts, as others will always prefer LucasArts over Sierra - that’s just the way it is. And that’s a good thing, too: without diversity life would be boring.
But please, drop the bashing and thread-derailing - there’s no need for a LucasArts-fanboy to go derailing a Sierra-thread, and there’s no need for a Sierra-fanboy to go derailing a LucasArts-thread.
Let’s all just keep things constructive here.
Thank you.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

that not Freeware Dag , its free because it pirated but not legally there are Millions (yea Millions) of those on the net.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I got my copy from HOTU way back when, and as far as I know, they were a legal site that only dealt with freeware when it came to downloads. I find it strange if it’s no longer freeware, since I thought it was never republished, and hasn’t been for sale for over 10 years or so (except from used copies at ebay). I may be wrong, and if so, I apologize.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

You’re confusing “freeware” and “abandonware”, and HotU was an abandonware-site.

This is taken from the forum’s Forum Rules & Guidelines:

No abandonware
We also kindly request that you do not post links to so-called ‘abandonware’. Although we sympathize with the preservation of games that have gone out of print, we choose not to tread any murky legal ground.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

It’s not like there’s a need to link to abandonware anyway. People should hopefully be clever enough to use Google themselves, if they want to find such things Wink

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 09 November 2012 11:14 AM
Advie -

P.S: i love and played all lucas Games they are great but they are so little . and from those little there were 3-5 up to Sierra’s Standards .

You’re talking about the 3-5 worst LucasArts games, aren’t you??? Wink

yup i was talking about 3-5 of worst of Lucas your correct, and i think i was being kind enough and didnt want mentioning all of them .Naughty Naughty , Crazy

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Best/fav Designer/Developer:
Tim Schafer

Best/fav Adventure:
Day of the Tentacle - BEST… GAME… EVER!!!

Best/fav Hero:
Guybrush He’s goofy but dependable

First ever played Adventure:
Maniac Mansion Microwave that Hamster

Last Played or (re) Adventure:
Monkey Island 2 - One of the 4 Lucasarts games I have played this year.

Most Replayed Adventure:
Day of the Tentacle play it at least once a year.

Most Influential (for you) Adventure:
Monkey Island It’s their biggest franchaise and the one that everyone tried to emulate.

Worst/Frustrating/Obscure Adventure:
Loom Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think this is their worst game. Ican never get into it, but that may be due to my dislike of music puzzles.

Overrated Adventure:
Loom - See Worst

Underrated Adventure:
The Dig - I loved this game, but it’s generally overlooked due to it’s more realistic approach and less cartoony style.

Best laughs moment:
The Secret of Monkey Island - The unseen epic fight at the Governers Mansion. Hypnotise Quarrelsome Rhinoceros, Wax Lips of a Yak and hoards of gophers.

Name an Adventure came after 1999 that felt Like Lucas Arts:
A Vampyre Story.

Bonus Question - Best Music

Without a doubt it is Grim Fandango. Esp Year 2 in Rubacava.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Underrated?!
Strange it was the best Selling Game in the History of LucasArts.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Good sales numbers =/= good ratings Wink

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

TimovieMan - 09 November 2012 12:16 PM

You’re confusing “freeware” and “abandonware”, and HotU was an abandonware-site.

Yeap, I was wrong… I’m sorry, I should have done a little research before talking nonsense. My bad! Frown

Kasper F. Nielsen - 09 November 2012 01:28 PM

It’s not like there’s a need to link to abandonware anyway. People should hopefully be clever enough to use Google themselves, if they want to find such things Wink

You are right offcourse. I can assure you though, that my only intent was to be helpful, and not to insult anybodys intelligence. In retrospect, I’m feeling quite stupid. Again, my bad!

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you know Dag you are lucky that we acted (Tim&Me;) as fast to save you of Jackal if he got to notice it before. Wink Tongue

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Advie - 09 November 2012 06:41 PM

Underrated?!
Strange it was the best Selling Game in the History of LucasArts.

It might have sold, but it not generally held in high regard.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Best/fav Designer/Developer: Tim Schafer
Best/fav Adventure: Sam & Max - Hit the Road
Best/fav Hero: Sam & Max
First ever played Adventure: Sam & Max - Hit the Road
Last Played or (re) Adventure: Day of the Tentacle
Most Replayed Adventure: Sam & Max - Hit the Road
Most Influential (for you) Adventure: Sam & Max - Hit the Road
Worst/Frustrating/Obscure Adventure: Escape from Monkey Island
Overrated Adventure: Grim Fandango. Good game, not the best but often claimed as the best.
Underrated Adventure: Labyrinth
Best laughs moment: “I really respect Flint’s business acumen.” “Please, Sam, don’t use the word acumen again.” That whole intro.
Name an Adventure came after 1999 that felt Like Lucas Arts: Too many of them.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Best/fav Designer/Developer: Tim Schafer
Best/fav Adventure: Day of the Tentacle
Best/fav Hero: Guybrush Threepwood
First ever played Adventure: Day of the Tentacle
Last Played or (re) Adventure: Day of the Tentacle
Most Replayed Adventure: Day of the Tentacle
Most Influential (for you) Adventure: Day of the Tentacle
Worst/Frustrating/Obscure Adventure: Escape from Monkey Island
Overrated Adventure: Sam and Max: Hit the Road
Underrated Adventure: Loom
Best laughs moment: Sword Fighting.
Name an Adventure came after 1999 that felt Like Lucas Arts: None.

Total Posts: 70

Joined 2012-04-11

PM

Best/fav Adventure The Secret of Monkey Island
Best/fav Hero Guybrush Threepwood
First ever played Adventure Maniac Mansion
Last Played or (re) Adventure The Dig
Most Replayed Adventure The Dig
Most Influential (for you) Adventure The Secret of Monkey Island
Worst/Frustrating/Obscure Adventure Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders
Overrated Adventure Full Throttle (short, boring puzzles, action sequences)
Underrated Adventure The Dig
Best laughs moment MI1 (Governor mansion unseen sequence, underwater puzzle, insult duels)

+Worst Game Indy 3 or Zak

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top