• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cyan/Myst “Firmament” Now Partnering with Fangamer for New Great Options.  See latest posts for info.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Stretch Goal achieved!  Firmament lives!  THANKS BACKERS!
(See latest posts for new info).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1252280491/firmament?ref=4cyrk4

I got my gorgeous 25th Anniversary Myst Book Puzzle Box with working LCD screen and disks, Ghen’s Beetle inkwell (metal) and pen from the last kickstarter and was blown away at the great quality.

I can vouch that they always come through.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I wouldn’t call 29 days soon.

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

If I had said 29 days in the title it would be wrong tomorrow.

Besides, you’re talking to someone who is surprised it’s almost April already!

Tempus fugit indeed.

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Obduction was good, Myst 25th box was super great, so I`m definitely in to get that 90`s style game box!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Me too!  Sounds like that’s a printed cardboard box like the old days.  I can’t decide whether I want to pop for the tier with the box, the “mechanical adjunct” plush(?) item, T-Shirt, and metal badge.  Decisions, decisions.  I know if I don’t I’ll regret it when everyone says how cool it is.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Early days yet, but it’s not looking very good. I loved Obduction and I’m making an exception to my No-More-Kickstarter rule. I hope lots of people are willing to back Firmament.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Karlok - 01 April 2019 09:05 AM

Early days yet, but it’s not looking very good. I loved Obduction and I’m making an exception to my No-More-Kickstarter rule. I hope lots of people are willing to back Firmament.

No reason to panic Wink Obduction got ~ $525 000 in first six days and Firmament got ~ $506 000 in the same time period. I believe it`s going to hit that $ 1,258 000 goal Smile

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I do think Firmament will most likely hit the goal. While I haven’t been on board a KS game in ages, I still do think the old formula applies: a rush in the beginning, slow middle and a second rush in the end with new backers who have earmarked the project as well as from existing ones who increase their pledges.

Firmament especially will benefit from the latter, considering how devoted fans Cyan has.

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I will sadly have to skip it. I got burned by Obduction, since I had what I thought was a pretty good computer when I backed it, but when it released I couldn’t play it without buying a completely new one. I STILL haven’t gotten to play it.

The lesson I take from this is that I should never back Kickstarters for software, because I’m not able to update my computer that frequently, and I can’t afford to spend money on stuff I don’t know, up front, that I can run.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2018-01-09

PM

Obduction’s also out on PS4 now if you PC isn’t new enough to play it.

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

russ869 - 04 April 2019 11:41 PM

Obduction’s also out on PS4 now if you PC isn’t new enough to play it.

I don’t have a PS4, either. If only it came to the Switch. (Though I’d still be reluctant to buy the game AGAIN. I know I’ll get a new computer SOME day.)

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Good news.  Cyan has announced support for Mac users as a stretch goal!  There are more details in the FAQ

(I decided on the tier with the goodies.  Couldn’t resist).

Hope it makes it. 

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2004-09-17

PM

Mac support is a good news, but I’m starting to worry as I hoped it would boost the KS. As a French Mac User, I must say that I am disappointed to see that the French Mac Community is not very enthusiastic ... Many seem to imagine that the stretch goal only serves to push them to fund the “basic” version of the game and that they would pay for nothing. Meh

Beside this, for french speaking peoples, all the KS translations are available at Myst Aventure boards : http://myst-aventure.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1475

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Grover, I have not read all the details but if Cyan has promised Mac French version if the stretch goals are met, rest assured you will receive exactly that.  I’ve been a fan and supporter since their beginning and have never known them to renege on a commitment.

Remember, if it doesn’t reach at least the basic goal there will be no game at all. So let’s all pitch in and not let cynical doubts keep this from going over the top, as it can and has done twice before with Obduction and Myst 25th Anniversary. 

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

I understand mac users who don’t want to pay good money only to recieve a PC-version if the stretch goal isn’t met. In order for the mac thing to help making the game happen at all Cyan should consider putting it in the basic goal.

I rarely do KS anymore, but being a Cyan fan I’m following this project with interest and will probably chip in if they are close when the campaign is about to end.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2004-09-17

PM

@Dara100 : I agree with you, was just saying what I see around me, alas…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top