• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

David Slade Mysteries - Memories Of The Past

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

Hello All;

I am the solo developer / creator behind the up coming series David Slade Mysteries, with the introduction of Chapter One: Memories Of The Past.

DSM History:

The journey for this game has been a crazy one, since I am the only guy working on it, so let me take you back to 2014, this is when DSM was born and no matter what I did, life kept getting in the way, work e.t.c However the main cause of the project being shelved for 5 years, was the fact I moved to the UK, then moved to the Philippines (where I live now) Had a kid, bought land and recently built a house, all of this while working for clients, thus leaving ZERO time for working on DSM over the course of those years. NOW I am finally settled and back on this project, which is a labour of love for adventure games. Also during that time I have released two other titles on Steam - Retro Pinball & RD’s Adventure Mini Golf (a game I built for my son and I to play).

So what’s new?

A LOT has changed for DSM and all for the better, all new higher quality visuals (as the old ones looked dated now), immersive audio and higher quality voice acting, you can see some screenshots at the official site. (link below) Also a Prologue Chapter: Apartment 202 comes with the game as well, which is a mini chapter introducing the games protagonist David Slade 5 years prior to the main game story-line.

You can visit the Official Website: https://www.davidslademysteries.com or the Steam Page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/541910/ and add it to your wish list if you so choose!

What is DSM & Chapter One all about?

The Series

David Slade Mysteries is an ever expanding adventure series set in the gritty dark streets of River Side, where David must solve gruesome and mysterious cases. Memories Of The Past is the introduction chapter, introducing the series protagonist David Slade.

Chapter One: Memories Of The Past

David Slade is a rookie homicide detective, with his own dark & haunting past. When David’s sister died, there were many strange circumstances surrounding her death, and too many unanswered questions. Today marks the 5th anniversary of her passing, and as usual he travels to visit his parents at the family farm, each year in this time of remembrance. Along the way David gets into car accident, stranded and injured he seeks help at a near by house. What happened next, he was completely unprepared for.

I hope you will join me in following this game and I look forward to FINALLY getting it into your adventure gaming hands!

Thanks for reading!

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

I’ve had this on my list for quite a while, so it’s nice to hear from you. But I have a few questions:

-Will there be any action sequences like hide from someone or is this a pure classic adventure game?

-Will there be puzzles or is it “just” an explorational adventure?

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

Hello Little Rose;

Some very good questions, thanks for the post. And yea it is great to be back on this project! Also so sorry for the delay in getting this in your hands, I appreciate the support.

LittleRose - 22 March 2019 07:36 PM

I’ve had this on my list for quite a while, so it’s nice to hear from you. But I have a few questions:

-Will there be any action sequences like hide from someone or is this a pure classic adventure game?

This is a suspense horror / thriller, there will be a couple action sequences, but at this time I do not want to reveal too much. I can assure you it is nothing like outlast e.t.c but more of a balance of classic adventuring with some action scenes sprinkled in.

-Will there be puzzles or is it “just” an explorational adventure?

There will be logic puzzles yes . . . well sorta as your captors are more into physiological war games, playing with David and trying to break his will e.t.c So it is a combination of both. To progress through the story David will have to over come logical puzzles blocking his progress / escape. But with that said not like you would see in games like Myst e.t.c As I want to tell a pretty creepy story. Instead of placing odd out of place complex puzzles that hinder the story more than helping it.

Rest assured it is NOT a walking exploration game like Ethan Carter e.t.c (all be it those were good games) I just want to put out a well rounded enjoyable experience.

The up coming trailer should spread some more light on this soon.

Thanks for your post.

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

Thank you. That sounds good to me.

Joined 2012-05-19

PM

LittleRose - 23 March 2019 07:09 AM

Thank you. That sounds good to me.

You are very welcome. More news very very soon I promise.

Take care.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top