• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

OOUS

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Mortadelo y Filemón: Una aventura de cine - Edición especial

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2012-07-09

PM

This spanish point and click is available with english subtitles on Steam since a couple of days. It is funny, the cartoony graphics are georgous, you can switch between two characters during the game. The concept reminds me a bit Tales by Ape Marina, but instead of classic litterature, here you are teleported in various movies during your quest. The inventory puzzles can be far fetched, but remain logical for the most part. Unfortunately, each screen has very few hotspots, and the dialogues in the cutscenes have no subtitles, but overall it is a pleasant adventure (for those who like wacky comedies) with rather high production values.   

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

I noticed that too, and I am interested in those games.

Before, they were available only as fansubs, but it’s good if they are now coming as official translations too.

http://shinji-nerd-life.blogspot.com/search?q=mortadelo

I have understood that they are short games, but they form together a longer story arch, so I am wondering what would be the correct order to play them, and are there any titles that are completely stand-alone, and what titles are continuation of some bigger story?

Also it would be nice to know how good those translations are, are those games DRM-free on Steam, and other things about these games, there’s hardly any information available about them, which I guess is understandable if they haven’t been available in English.

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2012-07-09

PM

Thanks for the link to the fansub site.
I knew nothing about the other games of the franchise, but I will certainly try to play these old games with unofficial subs.

The subtitles in Una aventura de cine are so-so. English is not my native langage, so that doesn’t bother me much. The dialogues remain easily understandable, anyway.

I discovered that long ago (in 2004), a german version was released (under the title Clever & Smart: A Movie Adventure) and that it had very positive reviews in the german medias, highlighting the quality of the translation.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top