• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Flash Casual Playthrough - League of Light: The Game

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

@chrissie re: the slider puzzle. Not all the correct tiles need to be on the same level. The bottom rignt-hand tile is on the bottom level. You need to make an open space under the bottom left-hand tile. That way you can move the tiles into the correct position.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve finished the second section. I’m playing as a man because I hardly ever get to in casual games.

I spent 80 minutes on this section.  I spent a lot of time on the sliding tile puzzle and finally gave in and skipped it. I saved the Fox lady. Redheads are always on the right side! Can you think of a redheaded villain?

I beat the well puzzle on the fourth try! I think this means I’m getting younger.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

TimovieMan - 22 February 2019 01:12 PM

36 minutes to reach this point.

It was 46 minutes. I need to learn to count. Tongue

Reached the next stopping point. That took me another 37 minutes, so I’m now at 2 hours and 5 minutes. And no miscounting this time. Grin

The slider puzzle also had me stumped for a while, until I decided to leave it for a while and come back to it, and then I noticed the windows.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m at the next stopping point by the lake.  I found a few items but will wait to move on.  I didn’t keep track of the exact time because I took a break to put some chicken in the oven for dinner.  I estimate about 45 minutes.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

For those of you who haven’t finished the second part of section two, not to worry. Lady K and TimovieMan have confirmed that my estimate of 30 minutes is accurate. So you have plenty of time to catch up before we start section three tomorrow, Monday, 25 February.

The start point is here:

You will get separated from Julia, but in some ways you will still be playing together.

The “almost” endpoint for this section is here:

The actual end point is at the top of the precipice in front of you, where you will confront this puzzle:

Yes, it’s another variation on the infamous Hi-Q puzzle we played as kids, and most recently in the Shivers AGCPT. The only good thing about it is that you only have to end the puzzle with one triangle. And it can be anyplace on the board, so you stand a marginally better chance of finishing it on your own.

You have met up with Julia, (temporarily,) and once you give her an item from your inventory the game goes to a cut scene. When the cut scene ends you find yourself here: It’s the ending point for section three and the starting point for section four, which we will start on Wednesday, 27 February. So stop here when you’ve finished section three. See you then. Have fun.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Since my schedule will be a bit hectic this week, I went ahead and finished section 3 tonight.  It took me an hour and 5 minutes to finish.  I’ll keep my comments to myself until the others have finished.

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 23 February 2019 11:08 AM

Maybe I’m missing something, but I still don’t know how I should have known which symbols to use.  I’m talking about the room with the two knights.  I found the keys, opened the doors, and had to choose three correct symbols , but I still don’t know why it was those three.

Catching up on some old questions. If you back out of the puzzle and look at the window behind the puzzle, that’s the solution. Duplicate the design on the the three windows with the scrolling options in each of the three puzzle panes.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

In section two/part two I am surprised that nobody got hung up on the alchemy symbol puzzle. I.e, the “Mars symbol equals the X metallic periodic table designation.” The first time I played the game it had me stumped. It was quite disheartening when I finally realized what I was doing wrong, and how much time I wasted before I solved it.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 24 February 2019 08:55 PM

In section two/part two I am surprised that nobody got hung up on the alchemy symbol puzzle. I.e, the “Mars symbol equals the X metallic periodic table designation.” The first time I played the game it had me stumped. It was quite disheartening when I finally realized what I was doing wrong, and how much time I wasted before I solved it.

I had to solve it twice because I didn’t realize I could move the books as well. But it became immediately obvious something was wrong when I entered my solution, was pretty darn sure I had the correct one, yet the game didn’t accept it.
That in itself made it clear where I had gone wrong, so I just rearranged the books and rearranged the rest again and got through.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I also had to rearrange the elements once I realized I needed to shuffle the books as well, but that was one I figured out pretty quickly, unlike some of the other puzzles. Smile

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I got to the lake stopping point - 44 minutes (but I might have made a cup of coffee?).
I really liked the mosaic HO screen
I liked the tunnel puzzle with the wee scarecrow - I’ve come across a similar puzzle before but in an AG & not a CG?
I really have only used the hint button a couple of times but confess to not thinking to use the arrow to split the cloth &......the presence of the little helper has grown on me!  Thumbs Up

I got to the next stopping point which took me 43 mins!
I haven’t got so much to say about this next part as it all seemed to be standard fare puzzling but the game has continued to be very typical on the graphical style but a little more challenging with the inventory style puzzles perhaps being a little more multi-stepped than is usual in most CGs?    Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I believe the little helper appeared in one of the earlier games in the series.  He was once a real boy who was changed by a spell, and the detective has been trying to find ways to change him back.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 25 February 2019 03:35 AM
rtrooney - 24 February 2019 08:55 PM

I had to solve it twice because I didn’t realize I could move the books as well. But it became immediately obvious something was wrong when I entered my solution, was pretty darn sure I had the correct one, yet the game didn’t accept it.
That in itself made it clear where I had gone wrong, so I just rearranged the books and rearranged the rest again and got through.

I think that’s pretty much how it worked for me Thumbs Up

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Since Lady K and I are the only players on this side of the pond, I thought I would get everyone else started on section three.

As mentioned earlier, this is where the two parts of section two ended and section three begins:

Play from this point until you go through another portal and arrive here. Stop.

There aren’t any difficult puzzles in this section, so you should be able to finish it in less than an hour.

Lady K has already finished section three. Although, since I only posted the end point today I’m not exactly sure how she knew where to stop.  Meh

The next two sections are moderately long, but since TimovieMan and chrissie are up to date on the Obra Dinn playthrough, that shouldn’t be a problem. In fact, we might finish the game by the time you two get your next OD assignment.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

rtrooney - 26 February 2019 02:52 PM

Lady K has already finished section three. Although, since I only posted the end point today I’m not exactly sure how she knew where to stop.  Meh

Because you posted the stopping point in a previous post.  According to that post, we should be starting section four.

rtrooney - 26 February 2019 02:52 PM

You have met up with Julia, (temporarily,) and once you give her an item from your inventory the game goes to a cut scene. When the cut scene ends you find yourself here: It’s the ending point for section three and the starting point for section four, which we will start on Wednesday, 27 February. So stop here when you’ve finished section three. See you then. Have fun.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top