• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Flash Casual Playthrough - League of Light: The Game

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Got to this a little early. For any of you that don’t have it yet, League of Light: The Game is available from Big Fish Games.

This is the start page.

A few comments on the Options menu. The sound system hooked up to my PC is set at 20. The default setting for most games, including this one is way too loud for me. I generally adjust the game’s sound settings to around 35%. You can also choose your level of difficulty here. (I suggest you set your level to the easiest to start the game, and then re-adjust it to a harder level anytime during the game.) This is also where you can decide whether you want a tutorial. If this is the first time you’ve played this game, it’s probably worth grabbing a hint or two until you get used to the game’s mechanics.

The first section of the game consists of exploring and escaping from three rooms.

This is the third room.

At the end of the room is this puzzle.

When you’ve solved the puzzle, you will be treated to a little action sequence. It’s the same type of puzzle you should be familiar with if you’ve ever played Froggy.

Stop when you’ve completed the action sequence.

I suggest we start playing the game this coming Wednesday, 20 February. Report in when you’re done. If you’ve kept track of how long it took you to complete the first session, I would like to know that as well. That way I can adjust the length of the sessions as needed.

Let’s have some fun!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Installed and ready to go. Watched the intro movie.

Noticed that clicking your player profile shows your time, so we can probably use that to keep track of how long things take.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m aware of the time tracking feature. But it’s not always accurate. Since chrissie played part of the demo, that time will be added to her profile total even if she starts from scratch. Even though I’m playing on a new computer, and had to reload the game, there was enough data transferred from my old computer so that it shows I have eight hours of gameplay under “Tim’s” profile. If this is the first time you played the game, and didn’t play any of the demo, the timing should be accurate.

By the way, regarding the demo, I suggest not playing it. It’s a great demo, and it is certainly the reason I bought the game in the first place. But the demo will end a a point that is waaaaay past the end of the first playthrough section.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Installed and ready.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

And we’re off!!

Edit: When I played this game in the past I was offered a choice as to whether I wanted to play as a man or a woman. It doesn’t matter which you choose, because the game plays the same either way. But when I loaded the game for this playthrough I was assigned a male character. I wonder if there might be some data “artifacts” left over from the transfer to the new computer.

And, great to see you again Becky. It’s been awhile.  Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m playing the collectors’ edition and finished in 55 minutes.  I went faster (40 min.) when playing the demo because I wasn’t looking for the hidden owls and characters.  I ended the demo in exactly the same place, just after solving the door puzzle.

At the beginning when I was given a choice of which case to take first, I chose the easiest one on the right.  I assume the other choices will take longer. 

As far as my difficulty settings go, I use the custom button.  I don’t bother with tutorials and sparkles, but I do like to have map indicators.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m also playing the collector’s edition and finished the section in 42 minutes.
Add another 10 minutes that weren’t counted for a jigsaw puzzle among the extras, and a hidden owl that I had missed in the first three screens (clicking the missed owl in the collection transports you to the screen to search again - nice touch for completionist players like me!).

I picked a male character, and picked the hardest case, because ... why not?
I was hesitant about picking a case, because I didn’t know what the impact of the decision would be. But then I decided to be hardcore and go for the difficult option. Tongue

I’m intrigued by the concept, and I think the sidekick is cute. Smile

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

rtrooney - 20 February 2019 11:54 AM

And, great to see you again Becky. It’s been awhile.  Smile

Yes! Lots of stuff going on in Real Life lately has kept me busy.  Meh  and Smile

Does it matter which case we choose? Should we all choose the one on the far right like Lady K?

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

All three cases take you to the same starting point. So it doesn’t matter.

This is a game where I find it quite easy to over-think the problem. Case in point: In the third room there is a statue holding a basin containing a vile-looking liquid. I looked and looked for a hose and something to use as a pump to siphon the liquid from the basin. The actual solution was quite a bit simpler.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m stuck on the puzzle you mentioned. I will attempt to underthink it. Pan

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

rtrooney - 20 February 2019 03:08 PM

All three cases take you to the same starting point. So it doesn’t matter.

So are you’re saying that we won’t have to solve those cases at all later in the game?

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Umm ... No! It was there to give you an artificial sense of control when you really didn’t have any.

I’m fairly sure everyone will have finished by tomorrow. We’ll do a little discussion, and I’ll post the objective for then next session by tomorrow evening.

Although, to get things started ... What do you think of your mascot??

There were so many mascots introduced to casual games starting, I believe in 2012 when the Mystery Trackers series brought us Alf, the Chihuahua in the Four Aces game. Now they seem to populate a fairly high percentage of games. With Alf, his primary purpose was to dig. And, at least it seemed to me, that the puzzles were contrived to give the little guy something to do. Bury something in a snowdrift, and, because digging with your hands is beneath your status, Alf does it for you.

Our mascot seems to be a multi-purpose player. And, while it hasn’t happened yet, our guy can get injured. Which makes him more relatable.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I finished the sequence—it took me 46 minutes. I aso have the Collector’s Edition.

As I recall,  when mascots/companions first started appearing in casual games they were something different and were wildly successful. Especially the, um, cute ones. But after a while they became fairly standard.

I like our scarecrow mascot because he’s both cute and weird. The weirdness effectively negates some of the cuteness.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve finished the sequence too. It took me 51 mins which includes 17 mins spent on the demo.
I’m playing the SE version which doesn’t seem to include any extras like collecting owls.
I always choose the easiest difficulty option for a Casual game & I also ‘chose’ the easiest case.
I started off as a man but it does look as if that can be changed in Options at any time but I haven’t tried it.
So far I’ve found it pretty standard CG fare although a couple of the puzzles had me stumped i.e. making the bomb, also overthinking the acid water bowl & opening the grate - I was trying to combine the rope with the hook.
The mascot was cute but I’m not overly crazy about ‘little helpers’ in a lot of the games as they feel too gimmicky so I have reservations but it’s early days yet!

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

A hook turning its nose up at a rope! What is the world coming to, I wonder?

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Finished the section. I really like the game! You are right, Tim, this is a little bit different. The story is fun and the puzzles, while not terribly difficult so far, are different enough to be interesting.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top