• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Henk61

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

cyfoyjvx - 04 February 2019 06:48 AM

I will also offer to lead Return of the Obra Dinn if anyone else is interested.

did you play it, already?
sorry if this question sounds dumb, but i always wanted a blind CPT for a game no one has played, as in just released.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

This is a very dumb place to post this. Of all the friends I have corresponded with on this forum, almost all personal correspondence has taken place right here via PM. For those very few who have corresponded with me via email, please send me an email message so I can re-add you to my contact list. Was able to save a lot of stuff after the crash, but my contact list was not among the saved. Thanks. (And sorry for the intrusion, but I think the three people I’ve communicated with are participants on this thread.)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Advie - 07 February 2019 04:46 PM

sorry if this question sounds dumb, but i always wanted a blind CPT for a game no one has played, as in just released.

Yes, I have. Sorry Cry

I can always try to un-remember, maybe hit myself over the head with a hammer or something?

In any case, I promise I won’t spoil anything. Or I can just keep quiet and let someone else lead.

Or you could even have no leader. The game has ten chapters with multiple parts to them so it would be pretty easy to agree to stop at the end of each part/chapter and discuss it while everyone’s working on it. The only issue I can think of is that the length of each part/chapter varies, so it might be an advantage to have someone who knows how much time to set in advance. Other than that, it’s not exactly a linear game and you can solve as much as you like regardless of what chapter you’re in if you go wandering off, so setting boundaries could also be necessary so that players are all on about the same level.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

rtrooney - 07 February 2019 06:54 PM

This is a very dumb place to post this. Of all the friends I have corresponded with on this forum, almost all personal correspondence has taken place right here via PM. For those very few who have corresponded with me via email, please send me an email message so I can re-add you to my contact list. Was able to save a lot of stuff after the crash, but my contact list was not among the saved. Thanks. (And sorry for the intrusion, but I think the three people I’ve communicated with are participants on this thread.)

Just a thought, but using Google Contacts to store most of that information ensures that you’ll never lose it, since it’s stored in the cloud (and you’ll be able to access it on every device at the same time)...

As for the voting, I’ve bought Return of the Obra Dinn, so you can add my name to it. Let’s see what all the fuss is about. Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

cyfoyjvx - 08 February 2019 02:08 AM

Yes, I have. Sorry Cry

I can always try to un-remember, maybe hit myself over the head with a hammer or something?

In any case, I promise I won’t spoil anything. Or I can just keep quiet and let someone else lead.

Haha, no need for hammer anything or you wont remember your password to login here again (thats the least)

Or you could even have no leader. The game has ten chapters with multiple parts to them so it would be pretty easy to agree to stop at the end of each part/chapter and discuss it while everyone’s working on it. The only issue I can think of is that the length of each part/chapter varies, so it might be an advantage to have someone who knows how much time to set in advance. Other than that, it’s not exactly a linear game and you can solve as much as you like regardless of what chapter you’re in if you go wandering off, so setting boundaries could also be necessary so that players are all on about the same level.

I dont know but maybe another leader, or whats the best way to lead this game in a CPT, but i am sure someone can help, at least played it too can step forward.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie - 08 February 2019 04:56 AM
cyfoyjvx - 08 February 2019 02:08 AM

Yes, I have. Sorry Cry

Haha, no need for hammer anything or you wont remember your password to login here again (thats the least)

I dont know but maybe another leader, or whats the best way to lead this game in a CPT, but i am sure someone can help, at least played it too can step forward.

I’ve wondered whether some of the content of this thread is a joke at the expense of the rest of the readers & if that’s the case shame on the pair of you but if not, cyfoyjvx please don’t take any advice from Advie!
You’ve already played the game & seem to know the structure, breakdown & timing which is ideal for being playthrough leader - please don’t be undermined!   
  Heart

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 08 February 2019 12:07 PM

I’ve wondered whether some of the content of this thread is a joke at the expense of the rest of the readers & if that’s the case shame on the pair of you but if not, cyfoyjvx please don’t take any advice from Advie!

if you are both not shit, then Advie is.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 08 February 2019 02:36 AM

Just a thought, but using Google Contacts to store most of that information ensures that you’ll never lose it, since it’s stored in the cloud (and you’ll be able to access it on every device at the same time)...

That works very well if you’re using G-Mail as your mail client. Fortunately, that same process works the same way if you’re using the latest verson of MSOffice, Office365. I was using Office7 on the computer that crashed.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Let’s not derail the voting process, please. 

Cyfoyjvx,
The timing of a section can be flexible, depending on how quickly most the group finishes.  You can always set a goal within a tentative time period and revise it as you go along.

Return of the Obra Dinn (10) - Cyfoyjvx (leader), Luhr28, Mikekelly, Karlok, Sir Beardalot, Badlemon, Hold Me Close, SoccerDude, Pegbiter, TimovieMan

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (7) - Mikekelly (leader), Doom, TimovieMan, Subbi, Jdawg445, NickyLarson, Marzipan
Still Life (7) - Mikekelly (leader), Rtrooney, TimovieMan, Juss, Jdawg445, Marzipan, Advie

The Journey Down 1-3 (5) - Doom, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, SoccerDude, NickyLarson

Catyph (5) - Sir Beardalot (leader), Doom, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Luhr28

Blade Runner (3) - Mikekelly (leader), Jdawg445, TimovieMan
The Dig (3) - TimovieMan (leader), Doom, Lady Kestrel
Lighthouse (3) - Rtrooney (leader), TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (2) - Mikekelly (leader), TimovieMan
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (2) - Lady Kestrel (leader), TimovieMan
Nairi: Tower of Shirin (2) - Donuts McGee, NickyLarson
Unavowed (2) - Mikekelly (leader), Henke

The Red Strings Club (1) - Cyfoyjvx

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

There is always going to be some side conversation.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

LK, when does the voting end? No specific date has been mentioned yet (unless I overlooked it).

Just saying, tomorrow marks two full weeks of voting, no votes have been made in 3 days, and there’s a game with a solid lead… Innocent
Not meaning to rush you. I’ll leave that to the Monty Python boys. Grin Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Yes, there’s no point in waiting anymore, Obra Dinn obviously won. I’ll skip the cpt since I played the game just a couple of months ago.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Broken Sword & Still Life for me

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I am getting on with it! Wink Voting has lasted for 2 weeks, and despite Diego’s last-minute votes, I declare Return of the Obra Dinn the winner of this playthrough. 

Cyfoyjvx, feel free to set up the playthrough thread when you are ready.

Final Tally:
Return of the Obra Dinn (10) - Cyfoyjvx (leader), Luhr28, Mikekelly, Karlok, Sir Beardalot, Badlemon, Hold Me Close, SoccerDude, Pegbiter, TimovieMan

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (8) - Mikekelly (leader), Doom, TimovieMan, Subbi, Jdawg445, NickyLarson, Marzipan, Diego
Still Life (8) - Mikekelly (leader), Rtrooney, TimovieMan, Juss, Jdawg445, Marzipan, Advie, Diego

The Journey Down 1-3 (5) - Doom, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, SoccerDude, NickyLarson

Catyph (5) - Sir Beardalot (leader), Doom, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel, Luhr28

Blade Runner (3) - Mikekelly (leader), Jdawg445, TimovieMan
The Dig (3) - TimovieMan (leader), Doom, Lady Kestrel
Lighthouse (3) - Rtrooney (leader), TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (2) - Mikekelly (leader), TimovieMan
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (2) - Lady Kestrel (leader), TimovieMan
Nairi: Tower of Shirin (2) - Donuts McGee, NickyLarson
Unavowed (2) - Mikekelly (leader), Henke

The Red Strings Club (1) - Cyfoyjvx

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

It will be indeed a good thing to play a fresh game that many people will be discovering for the first time. I’m kind of sorry that we missed the opportunity to play Unavowed right after its release, along with Dave Gilbert as a guest (and I even feel kind of guilty about it as I hadn’t voted and it turned up to be a tie). I know that we can play it anytime but the hype is not the same and this could be seen in the count votes.

Does anyone have Lucas Pope’s contacts? He might be interested to check up on to the playthrough Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top