• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Whispered World Old Old Demo

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2012-11-08

PM

Hi guys, I tried really hard to find a thread dedicated to The Whispered World but it seems I have had no luck.

I’m trying to find the English text version of The Whispered World Demo released back on Bad Brain’s site in 2005. It’s 40 mb but I can’t seem to recover it off of Archive.org. I have been able to find the German demo from 2005 but it’s not much help to me as I don’t speak German. I’ve otherwise looked all over and tried e-mailing Marco Hullen a few times, but no response.

I’m at my wits end. I’m curious if anyone here has it still saved from long ago and could help me out. Or whatever happened to Wolfgang from Bad Brains, do you think he would have it if I were to find an e-mail address?

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

curious: why?
If youre looking to see if you’ll like the game, your best bet might be to just watch a bit of how the beginning plays on youtube. The official demo link on their page is broken…  but it sounds like youre looking for a demo thats much older than that.

Joined 2012-11-08

PM

The 2005 demo has different graphics and a few different situations. It’s kind of a prototype version in a way, it’s cool to have. I should also note it was called “Whispered Wor[l]d” then.

I’ve already finished the actual final release, I just want to play through the early demo.

Looks like this:

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

wow! I didn’t know the TWW project is so old! Anyway, if you happen to find it, post the link or let me know too - i’m very interested about prototype as well! Tongue

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Wow! Same here! I think The Whispered World is one of the most beautiful games of recent years, and I never knew about this Demo.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2012-11-08

PM

Well the German voice 2005 demo can be found here:
http://www.demonews.de/Spiele/The-Whispered-World/News/The-Whispered-Wor-l-d-Demo-vom-Comic-Adventure-erschienen-15965/

The issue is there was also an English text version with no voices released at 40 mb. Why there wasn’t just English text in the other demo is beyond me. It was only ever hosted on Bad Brain’s site it seems.

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

DrinkyHosting and others, the demo in question can be downloaded from here:
http://www.gry-online.pl/S030.asp?ID=10327
To download click the blue button with arrow, “download” is “pobierz” in Polish.

Thanks to one youtube user who pointed me to right place!

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2006-01-31

PM

lewuz - 08 July 2013 06:54 AM

Thanks to one youtube user who pointed me to right place!

Hey, that was me! Smile Przygodoskop is the official YouTube channel for Polish website dedicated to adventure games I’m co-creating. Also, here’s my playthrough/walkthrough of this demo:

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

As a matter of fact i was wondering its too suspicious to be a coincidence. That your playthrough was upped in Nov 10, 2012, 2 days after the topic was discussed here. Smile Anyway, thanks again.

I did google and check przygodoskop.pl when I wrote you 1st time, hoping to find download there. But the site is a bit too Polish for me to understand (though google translator helps a bit). Tongue

Joined 2012-11-08

PM

Hey thanks, it was nice to finally see that. It wasn’t as different as I thought it’s be but the previous art was charming in it’s own way.

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I played it too, i also thought there would be more differences.
Imo characters in final versions were better. I can’t imagine how devs would have pulled such dramatic story with old character models. On the other hand - if TWW would have been comedy, then why not.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top