• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5034

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I think this is absolutely the correct decision.

I’ve never played this game, but I’ve heard wonderful things about it. Looking forward to downloading it from “wherever.”

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

This may be an unnecessary post, but just to make sure there is no confusion for anyone who hasn’t played it, there were 2 Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis games released by LucasArts in 1992. One is a point and click adventure game, the one we are CPTing. The other was an isometric action game. Anyway, you can get it at GOG.com or Steam. If you have an original copy you can install and run it with ScummVM. (That’s what the GOG and Steam versions use.)

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Well, that’s sad. I can’t lead TLJ for obvious reasons - I haven’t played it, same as others I guess, but I bet someone who didn’t vote for it first time around played it. Which would make it perfect for a CPT - a more-or-less new game experienced by few, unlike FoA which is a complete opposite.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I played TJD, but its long hassle, non-linear at some points, and above all it been a while and my memory right now does not remember anything but how good it was, and some of its fine artwork of course.

i would give my vote to FoA, i remember how that game left me in awe when i finished playing more than 20 years ago, haven’t replayed honestly, but since it is winning i wont bother.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Thumbs Up

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sir Beardalot - 02 December 2018 10:13 PM

This may be an unnecessary post, but just to make sure there is no confusion for anyone who hasn’t played it, there were 2 Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis games released by LucasArts in 1992. One is a point and click adventure game, the one we are CPTing. The other was an isometric action game. Anyway, you can get it at GOG.com or Steam. If you have an original copy you can install and run it with ScummVM. (That’s what the GOG and Steam versions use.)

The version available on GoG is $5.99US. It’s identified as the 1992 version so I assume that’s the one we are looking for. As soon as TMM puts up the AGCPT link, I’ll get the game.

FWIW, the GoG game description tells us about three alternative game endings. I really like the way that TimovieMan has worked all three into the same playthrough. He just needs to give us screenshots so we know where to stop.

I’m hoping that more than a few who didn’t vote for this game will join the playthrough. I think this is going to be a lot of fun.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2009-05-12

PM

I would love to join the playthrough. This is one of my favorite games but I haven’t played it in ages, so I don’t remember much, it would be almost fresh for me. Funnily I saw a retrospective about this game in another website and I thought it would be nice to revisit it again since I have so many fond memories and then I just saw it was chosen for the community playthrough so it’s actually perfect Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Congrats on Indy winnng. I loved this game in the day - it was the very best. On the Amiga

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Is it time for a new community playthrough? I want to nominate Catyph and The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 as usual. And also Broken Sword: The Shadow of the Templars as long as we are replaying good old classics. It feels like just the right adventure after Fate of Atlantis.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Id nominate blade runner

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I nominate and offer to lead The Dig.
I nominate Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.

And I’d like to be added to Catyph, The Journey Down, Broken Sword and Blade Runner.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

It’s time for a protagonist of the muliebrous kind. It’s been a while.

I therefore nominate Nairi: Tower of Shirin.

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

If nobody objects, I’ll keep the tally again.  All I ask is that you vote for the games you want to play and keep the snarky comments out of the thread.

I’d like to nominate Tormentum: Dark Sorrow and am willing to lead it.  I would also like to play Catyph and The Journey Down.

Catyph (3) - Doom, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel
The Journey Down 1-3 (3) - Doom, TimovieMan, Lady Kestrel

Blade Runner (2) - Jdawg445, TimovieMan
Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars (2) - Doom, TimovieMan

The Dig (1) - TimovieMan (leader)
Nairi: Tower of Shirin (1) - Donuts McGee
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (1) - Lady Kestrel (leader)

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Even though the “Real Life Issues” that prevented me from participating in the last playthrough have not gone away, I’m going to nominate and vote for Still Life and Lighthouse. I’ll also volunteer to lead the latter. Maybe playing a game I’m familiar with will re-enthuse me.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

+1 for The Journey Down trilogy.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top