• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Look for post-apocalyptic adventure games

Total Posts: 860

Joined 2017-12-19

PM

Karlok - 13 January 2019 09:20 AM

I am one of the many Reset backers. Here’s the gist of the news about the release date from the most recent updates the developers posted. Only six updates in almost three years.

11 months of silence…
I’ll be polite and call it vaporware.

I was about to say that it’s what happens on Kickstarter, but then I found that this project was on Indiegogo, so I retract that comment.  Crazy

I don’t think that project is a scam though, it looks legit, they are just very sloppy with their progress probably.

The sad thing is, if I count all my Kickstarter backings together, they are over 50 years late of estimated release dates.
Indiegogo seems to be just as bad, or maybe even worse there.

Out of post-apocalyptic games on Kickstarter, I might mention Harvest. It was supposed to be out in 2014. Here’s the description of the game:

“In the future, a chemical war took place leaving 99% of the Earth’s population unable to produce offspring.

The remaining fertile humans are crucial to the survival of mankind, however they begin to disappear mysteriously.

You will play as a detective in Detroit working to solve the case and help save the world from human extinction.”

Selected quotes from past updates:

July 2, 2013: “Harvest was funded with the first stretch goal achieved.”

May 12, 2014: “Well let’s start off with the Harvest team, The major reason for the lack of updates is the lack of people working on Harvest. We have had three programmers since the launch of Harvest who have started on the project and left. Two left the project because the just weren’t able to invest the time needed. One left the project without a word, which was very disappointing.”

May 12, 2015: “Hey, backers! I’ve been getting lots of questions about the lack of updates and progress of Harvest. I wish I had some good news to share on the progress, but unfortunately over the last year almost the entire team went their separate ways. The worst part is some of the people working on Harvest wanted to get paid, but not do anything in return.”

October 6, 2015: “As you are probably aware issues had come up and previous members of the project had left without warning. This has rendered some of our assets wasted. We were fortunate enough to be able to complete the demo.”

June 8, 2016: “We finally have some progress with the game, the background Artist has just about completed the art for the first episode, he should have that wrapped up in the next week and we’re getting ready for the character artist to add the art into the scenes.”

The last quote is from the la(te)st update.

Still, it’s a nice game concept in theory at least.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1840293109/harvest-0

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

GateKeeper - 13 January 2019 04:10 PM

I don’t think that project is a scam though, it looks legit, they are just very sloppy with their progress probably.

Legit? Oh sure, they started working on it in 2012 and the crowdfunding took place in 2013. Regular updates until they announced a release date in 2015. It was downhill from there.

Sloppy? HA! Two days before the release date they said they weren’t quite ready finilizing the game. That was TWO YEARS ago. And then they vanished from the face of the earth Internet. Gone from Twitter, Facebook, everywhere. It certainly looks like they abandoned the project.

No respect for their backers. Lack of integrity. Vaporware.

PS: I also backed Harvest. A failure from the start.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Yes, I’ve always been skeptical of Kickstarters from the start, but here’s one that may renew your faith a bit even if you dislike the games.

The Myst 25th Anniversary project with it’s updated edition of the series on cds, crazy-great collectables like full-size beetle inkwells from the game in metal no less, interactive Myst books and more was an ambitious project that took 2 plus years and is now wrapping up. 

It pulled in about $2 million the last time I checked and has had some minor delays as to be expected.  I received my cds before Christmas and am now expecting the manufacturing company to send my collectables shortly.

I subscribed to their Obduction Kickstarter and had no worries Cyan would come through again. 

So there are some good developers that put the bad ones to shame.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Agreed. I too backed Obduction and didn’t doubt for a moment that Cyan would deliver. Marvelous game. Smile I’m glad I backed games like Broken Sword: The Serpent’s Curse, The St Christopher’s School Lockdown, Xing: The Land Beyond, Broken Age, Armikrog, Stasis, Dead Synchronicity, Thaumistry: In Charm’s Way, Sunset, Contradiction, Lily Looking Through, Tex Murphy 6, and many more. But I do regret backing others, like Reset, Asylum, Ithaka Among the Clouds, Hero-U, Hadean Lands, A Song for Viggo, Harvest.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

The Descendant

FireFlower Games:

http://fireflowergames.com/shop/the-descendant-full-season/

Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/401640/The_Descendant_Rest_of_Season/

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top