• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dale

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Games with uplifting, spiritual message

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Advie - 20 December 2018 05:53 PM

Gray Dawn man, very spiritual game, but i dont consider it uplifting unless you are a fan of hidden msgs.

Much fun, a very unique adventure with its own unique theme, perfect for Christmas? i couldn’t tell

Thanks for the recommendation, Advie!  Half price off on Steam right now so I’m going to pick it up on the cheap.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-02-12

PM

Syberia sure comes to mind.

Last day of June is definetely in topic, if you can bear the gameplay.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

dumbeur! you are welcome, man.

Hold Me Close, Cooed The Dove - 21 December 2018 02:36 AM
Advie - 20 December 2018 05:53 PM

Gray Dawn man, very spiritual game, but i dont consider it uplifting unless you are a fan of hidden msgs.

Much fun, a very unique adventure with its own unique theme, perfect for Christmas? i couldn’t tell

\

Interesting one. I read the review and it was not clear about this and only said it was very dark, so I would like to know
1. What is the general theme of the message?
2. Is it uplifting, positive message?

i havent read the review, afraid of some spoilers (maybe) anyways it a a very serious game with a touch horror, no cheap scares or action like Amnesia,  it has Gone Gome values of playing with discovering what happened and what going on.. at the ‘church’.

could or might offend believers as our hero is a non believer neither of the Christ or the bible especially when subject has to do the end of time return of Jesus and his last fight with the beast (Antichrist).

the game beautiful with its amazing graphics and gameplay smoothness.. plus its fully voiced (not the best but yet acceptable).

Total Posts: 5045

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I am surprised that GK3 has not been mentioned. The ending was certainly controversial. But, depending on your religious persuasion, it could be considered uplifting and spiritual.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

rtrooney - 21 December 2018 09:05 PM

I am surprised that GK3 has not been mentioned. The ending was certainly controversial. But, depending on your religious persuasion, it could be considered uplifting and spiritual.

I don’t entirely remember the GK3 ending but uplifting and spiritual in what way?

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Donuts McGee - 21 December 2018 09:47 PM

I don’t entirely remember the GK3 ending but uplifting and spiritual in what way?

From what I remember the ending has the Wandering Jew finally being allowed into Heaven, which should certainly qualify.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

Phlebas - 02 January 2019 09:45 AM
Donuts McGee - 21 December 2018 09:47 PM

From what I remember the ending has the Wandering Jew finally being allowed into Heaven, which should certainly qualify.

Not sure that is very uplifting because it implies he was denied from Heaven in the first place. By whom? Would a benevolent God deny someone from Heaven?

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2018-12-28

PM

The Search has an uplifting message and some say it has a spiritual slant as well. I’m the developer btw Wink

Adventure games and other art I’ve made: https://www.jasongodbey.com/

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

jasongodbey - 02 January 2019 10:29 PM

The Search has an uplifting message and some say it has a spiritual slant as well. I’m the developer btw Wink

Hello, developer! I actually happened to buy your game yesterday because it was in the itch.io sale and looked intriguing! Sadly the sale appears to be over now, but I look forward to playing the game when I get time.

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2018-12-28

PM

Phlebas - 03 January 2019 05:15 AM
jasongodbey - 02 January 2019 10:29 PM

Hello, developer! I actually happened to buy your game yesterday because it was in the itch.io sale and looked intriguing! Sadly the sale appears to be over now, but I look forward to playing the game when I get time.

Thanks for buying the game, Phlebas! Hope you enjoy playing it! Yes, the Itch.io sale has just ended, but there will be more sales in the future. Smile

Adventure games and other art I’ve made: https://www.jasongodbey.com/

Total Posts: 60

Joined 2017-08-22

PM

Are “walking sims” ok?
If they are “Everybody’s gone to the rapture” and “What remains of Edith Finch” are probably good picks.
“The witness” maybe?

I make stuff:
twitter @Mammothtree

and scream loudly:
https://signorojo.bandcamp.com/

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

kaffebaggel - 17 January 2019 04:46 AM

Are “walking sims” ok?
If they are “Everybody’s gone to the rapture” and “What remains of Edith Finch” are probably good picks.

I thought both were depressing as hell

Total Posts: 60

Joined 2017-08-22

PM

Luhr28 - 17 January 2019 05:50 AM

Are “walking sims” ok?

Rapture was probably a bit on the bleak side but i found Edith Finch to be more bittersweet than depressing.

But yeah, uplifting is probably a stretch on second thought.

I make stuff:
twitter @Mammothtree

and scream loudly:
https://signorojo.bandcamp.com/

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

kaffebaggel - 17 January 2019 07:27 AM
Luhr28 - 17 January 2019 05:50 AM

Are “walking sims” ok?

Rapture was probably a bit on the bleak side but i found Edith Finch to be more bittersweet than depressing.

Yes, I agree. I think both fall in the “meaningful” category so it depends on what the OP really wants. It sounds contradictory but I think you can get depressing and uplifting in the same game. Uplifting doesn’t mean it needs to be cheerful the whole time.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top