• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabrielKeybordzLady KestrelTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Supporting Pinhead Games

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

So, I randomly remembered ‘Nick Bounty 2’ yesterday, and looked up to see what came of the 3rd game that was planned oh so many years ago.

It turns out that Pinhead games (http://www.pinheadgames.com), the makers, kinda went silent for a while only to reimerge with a new game quite recently.

So, I decided to send Pinhead Games an email:

Hey there,

I still play Nick Bounty every so often. Particularly the 2nd game. It’s one of the best written adventure games I’ve ever played. So much so, that I remember buying a physical copy of the game back in the day from your website.

I don’t suppose you’d ever consider making a 3rd game. Heck, with the quality of the 2nd title all those years ago, a slightly longer Nick Bounty could easily be sold on Steam, GOG, etc. Please consider another title in the series at some point. It’s even better than just about any of the full price adventures we get today!

Regards,

And, within a day, I received a response:

Wow!  What an awesome random email to receive on this Friday afternoon!  Thank you so much!

As luck would have it, Pinhead Games has come back to start making free adventure games again!  You can check out our latest (And all of our past games) here:  https://pinheadgames.itch.io

Even better, we are currently in the process of evaluating a possible new Nick Bounty game!  We have a full outline and game design document ready, so now it’s all about production realities. 

You can follow us on Twitter @GamesPinhead for all the latest updates!

Thanks again, and don’t forget to try out latest game,  The Adventures of Nick and Willikins!

A humorous Point & Click murder mystery! Search a posh British mansion to find out “who-done-it” and prove young Nick’s innocence! Did the butler do it? You better hope not because YOU’RE the butler!

I shall be checking out Nick and Willikins myself.

In the meantime, if anyone here has ever played a previous title of theirs, I urge you to give their support via email or checking out their latest title. If you haven’t played anything, then definitely check out Nick Bounty 2 along with anything else you’ve time to play.

Here’s hoping with enough interest, we’ll see a 3rd Bounty sometime in the future!

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2017-03-27

PM

By all means, Terramax, play The Adventures of Nick and Willikins! It is just delightful and a great reminder for how much flat-out fun an adventure game can be. It’s not especially hard but it is clever. And the dialogue, with excellent voice acting, made me laugh out loud numerous times. It takes about 2-3 hours to play and is well worth the time.

I played the Pinhead games years ago and loved them. But I kind of just forgot about them with the deluge of indie adventure games the last few years. Needless to say, I was tickled pink when I ran across Nick and Willikins at Steam. Now I can look forward to a new Nick Bounty. Hurray!

Thank you!

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Just downloaded it. At 2-3 hours it sounds like a great flash playthrough. Even better since it’s free. Since the LiS AGCPT seems like it is still a month away from finishing, is anyone interested?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

rtrooney - 08 July 2018 08:59 PM

Since the LiS AGCPT seems like it is still a month away from finishing

We’re on episode 4 of 5.  It’s really not going to be that much longer ...

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

If episode five takes as long as the yet-unfinished episode four, you are a good month away.

Again, anyone not playing the AGCPT interested in a 2-week flash playthrough?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

I played the free demo a while ago and it was a bit… well ... crap,

Total Posts: 33

Joined 2004-03-22

PM

Hi guys!

Thanks for the support!  I’m so happy to be making games with Pinhead Games again.  We’ve got a couple of things in early development… some are pretty experimental and might not ever see the light of day, but we are also moving forward with pre-development with a new Nick Bounty game.  It’s been many many years since we first published our Flash based adventure game, and there are a lot of new game making tools and engines out there now.  This means we have some decisions to make about what kind of game we actually want to make… and what will it cost to do so.

So it may take some time before you see the fish tie wearing detective again, but at least we can finally say that we’re working on it!

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

Pinhead Games - 11 July 2018 04:09 PM

Hi guys!

Thanks for the support!  I’m so happy to be making games with Pinhead Games again.  We’ve got a couple of things in early development… some are pretty experimental and might not ever see the light of day, but we are also moving forward with pre-development with a new Nick Bounty game.  It’s been many many years since we first published our Flash based adventure game, and there are a lot of new game making tools and engines out there now.  This means we have some decisions to make about what kind of game we actually want to make… and what will it cost to do so.

So it may take some time before you see the fish tie wearing detective again, but at least we can finally say that we’re working on it!

Very late to my own party here - great to hear there’s a new Nick Bounty in the works!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top