• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Upcoming 3rd person point & click games?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Doom - 06 December 2018 07:52 PM

the CPT-nominated Dead Mountaineer Hotel

CPT-nominated Grin
Yes, a great achievement indeed. Almost as great as the one-star review it got Tongue

Total Posts: 2060

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

The greatest achievement of this obscure title so far! 3rd place with 4 people who voted to play it (I didn’t). And personally I don’t mind those kind of games coming out of fashion unless they are designed by someone of Jane Jensen or Jonathan Boakes caliber.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel is actually a misunderstood cult classic. Not like those pulpy Stephen King-lite “games” from the likes of Jensen and Boakes Wink

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

walas74 - 06 December 2018 06:22 PM
Oscar - 06 December 2018 05:27 PM
GateKeeper - 06 December 2018 05:21 PM

and what some you who listed already released games missed:

- upcoming.

That part confused me to be honest.

The OP has not played games for several years, so why must they be upcoming? If they assumed that no suitable games have been released in the past few years, at least allow us to correct them.

I think his/her concern was if that kind of games are dead, that’s why he/she asked about upcoming games, wasn’t asking about recommendations of that kind of games for playing.

i believe Moonbird to be a 1st person (mostly, from what i remember) adventurer and maybe she is having one of those change of heart moments, but if she is hitting this far as you say, then thats just intelligent, bc is true, traditional AGs have become a rarity.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2018-12-10

PM

Donuts McGee - 06 December 2018 10:22 PM

Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel is actually a misunderstood cult classic. Not like those pulpy Stephen King-lite “games” from the likes of Jensen and Boakes ;)

Long time lurker. Finally joined. I just have to bite here.

In defence of Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel, I thought it’s overall mood was fabulous until the abrupt ending. Marvelous setting, fascinating hotel to explore and a slow build of a mystery. Ok, shame that it was over so quickly once actual murder took place, but 3.5 stars from me.

Yes, Yes, I’m downstairs, in the morgue.

Total Posts: 69

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Advie - 07 December 2018 11:14 AM
walas74 - 06 December 2018 06:22 PM
Oscar - 06 December 2018 05:27 PM
GateKeeper - 06 December 2018 05:21 PM

and what some you who listed already released games missed:

- upcoming.

That part confused me to be honest.

The OP has not played games for several years, so why must they be upcoming? If they assumed that no suitable games have been released in the past few years, at least allow us to correct them.

I think his/her concern was if that kind of games are dead, that’s why he/she asked about upcoming games, wasn’t asking about recommendations of that kind of games for playing.

i believe Moonbird to be a 1st person (mostly, from what i remember) adventurer and maybe she is having one of those change of heart moments, but if she is hitting this far as you say, then thats just intelligent, bc is true, traditional AGs have become a rarity.

First person adventurer? Never! That I most certainly am not. I’ve clearly said it a thousand times, and i’ve made clear that i’m precisely 3rd person adventure player only. Also, pardon me, but I am male, not female. Is this really the state this forum has sunk? If so, then i’m really glad that i’ve not wasted more of my time here.

Rather than being helpful and kind, people seem to prefer the argumentative and nagging approach, which does nothing more than makes me frustrated and downright angry. That’s all I have to say.

Moderators, Can you please lock this thread up? We’re done here.

~ Flight Of The Amazon Queen ~ Best Adventure ever!

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

MoonBird - 23 December 2018 05:18 AM

Also, pardon me, but I am male, not female. Is this really the state this forum has sunk? If so, then i’m really glad that i’ve not wasted more of my time here.

Just Advie making a mistake, that’s all.

Anyway, thread closed as requested.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top