• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A game page for Heaven’s Dawn is missing

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

How come there’s no game page for Heaven’s Dawn? It’s a Taiwanese 3rd person point & click adventure from 1995 (if I’m not mistaken, this is the only Asian-made traditional point & click adventure).
It was released in at least two languages - English and Finnish.

Some useful links -

Moby Games
Review (in Finnish)
English video walkthrough (playlist with 27 videos)
Finnish video walkthrough

Note - in the Moby Games page it says that this game has voice acting only in the intro and ending, and it’s also evident from the English video walkthrough, but it seems that the Finnish version had voice acting throughout the entire game, as evident from the Finnish video walkthrough. Perhaps the English version was released only on floppy disks, but that’s just a guess.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Well, the answer to your question is simple: I’ve never heard of it. Grin

But if there’s an English version, we’ll look into it, thanks.

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Some of us have used screenshots from the game for our quizzes, and I have watched part of a video playthrough of it.  If I remember correctly, it has English subtitles.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Thanks for pointing it out. It now has an entry in the games database.

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

Pegbiter - 07 November 2018 12:07 PM

Thanks for pointing it out. It now has an entry in the games database.

Great, thanks. The cover shot is of the Finnish release by the way. Couldn’t find a shot of the English cover anywhere.
By the way, the English version might have been released only in Australia, that may be the reason that it’s so unknown.

Lady Kestrel - 06 November 2018 01:11 PM

Some of us have used screenshots from the game for our quizzes, and I have watched part of a video playthrough of it.  If I remember correctly, it has English subtitles.

Yes, it has been mentioned on these forums several times in the past.
Regarding the English subtitles - the game actually also have English voices, but according to info found online, only the intro and ending have voices, and the game itself is silent, similar to many Floppy titles from the early and mid-90s (King’s Quest 6, DOTT, etc.). It’s odd that the Finnish version has full voice acting while the Englihs version has only partial voice acting, so perhaps the reason for this is that CD-rip copies of this game are the only ones floating around? CD-ripping was quite a common piracy practice for CD-ROM games in 1995…
Aren’t there any Australians on these forums who own an original copy of the game? Smile

Total Posts: 421

Joined 2007-08-13

PM

Aurebesh - 07 November 2018 03:10 PM

The cover shot is of the Finnish release by the way. Couldn’t find a shot of the English cover anywhere.
By the way, the English version might have been released only in Australia, that may be the reason that it’s so unknown.

It does indeed seem like the English version of the game was only marketed in Australia. I was also unable to find an image of that cover so the Finnish one will have to do.

Aurebesh - 07 November 2018 03:10 PM

It’s odd that the Finnish version has full voice acting while the Englihs version has only partial voice acting

Perhaps KidSoft that released it in Finland had a bigger budget than Manaccom that did so in Australia.

Joined 2004-02-17

PM

I’ve found an old picture on my harddrive which shows the English box and its contents, including the jewel case of the CD-ROM. I downloaded it from an eBay auction page about 13 years ago, should’ve bought it when I had the chance Smile

Picture is attached.

Image Attachments

heavens_dawn_box.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top