• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleLady KestrelrtrooneySpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Look at my gaming videos!

Total Posts: 58

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

Just getting a feel for the lay of the land here. Would any of you be interested in me posting some of my game movies here? Or would the vast majority be against it? I’ve been doing this for a while now, but I can’t seem to gain any traction from people who primarily like adventures. If this is not wanted, then I’m thinking of just stopping with my focus on adventures and do more popular games since that would be more prudent considering my channel’s future potential. I can’t bring myself to stop playing adventures completely ofc, it is my favorite genre after all. Tongue

Edit: For the life of me, I can’t figure out how to make polls work here, so I made one outside adventuregamers:

https://www.strawpoll.me/16754866

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

This might not turn out how you want it to, lol.

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

We’ll see, I didn’t expect to get as many “yes” answers as there are tbh. Grin Also, I wouldn’t spam the forums with my stuff if anyone was concerned. I can only manage to finish working on 1-2 games per month on average. Editing takes quite a bit of time.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

What do you mean by game movies?

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

tomimt - 01 November 2018 12:03 PM

What do you mean by game movies?

Sorry, I’ve been in that scene for years, I tend to forget that some people might not know about this video genre. Tongue It focuses on showing off a game’s story, not how to play through it. So it’s a series of cutscenes and story relevant gameplay. Don’t let the word “movie” fool you into thinking it has to be cinematic however. If a game isn’t cinematic then I can’t do anything about it. What matters is the story. The end result is something between cutscenes only and a walkthrough. The goal is to make an enjoyable passive experience like a movie. It’s great if you’ve beaten a game and want to re-live parts of its story or the entire thing, but don’t feel like playing through every part of it again. There are other use cases for these types of videos as well, but this is the main reason why I make them.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

That’s about what I’d guessed but it’s good to have confirmation! I probably won’t watch many if any of the videos (I don’t have a lot of opportunity to watch videos plus would want to avoid any for games I haven’t played yet, which is a lot of games) but this seems an entirely suitable place to show them, so I vote yes!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I don’t think I will be personally watching that many of these, unless you’ll make movies out of intetesting but flawwd titles which I find unplayable because of controls or some such technical reasons. Or it is a game I plan on playing myself.

But yeah, nothing against the idea.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Phlebas - 02 November 2018 06:35 AM

That’s about what I’d guessed but it’s good to have confirmation! I probably won’t watch many if any of the videos (I don’t have a lot of opportunity to watch videos plus would want to avoid any for games I haven’t played yet, which is a lot of games) but this seems an entirely suitable place to show them, so I vote yes!

This.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

The only time I would watch something like this is if I want to recall some parts of a game I have played before without replaying the whole thing(usually to recall what happened when discussing with someone or before a sequel). It’s very rare though. My stance in general is what’s the point of a story driven game if you don’t play it yourself.

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

SoccerDude - 02 November 2018 01:14 PM

The only time I would watch something like this is if I want to recall some parts of a game I have played before without replaying the whole thing(usually to recall what happened when discussing with someone or before a sequel). It’s very rare though. My stance in general is what’s the point of a story driven game if you don’t play it yourself.

That’s pretty much my way of thinking as well. You are exactly the kind of person I’m targeting with these videos. Smile The difference being, I find myself re-watching scenes or the entire story of past games I’ve played quite often. Tongue

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Best way to find out is actually to post some, Tamiil. Smile

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

Jackal - 02 November 2018 03:13 PM

Best way to find out is actually to post some, Tamiil. Smile

Yeah, I’ll probably kick things off with an older video series of a classic adventure. I don’t have anything new to offer for some time, been working on Danganronpa 2 and that thing can take months to finish. Tongue

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Tamiil - 02 November 2018 01:23 PM

l. You are exactly the kind of person I’m targeting with these videos. Smile The difference being,

?itemid=3569993

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

I don’t know why you would post walls of text but not one actual example of what you mean.  Pretty much this meme

Joined 2009-11-05

PM

Burge - 02 November 2018 07:54 PM

I don’t know why you would post walls of text but not one actual example of what you mean.

Well, I was asking if it was okay to do that. Asking the question and then doing it straight away anyway without hearing people out would defeat the purpose wouldn’t it?

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Tamiil - 02 November 2018 08:23 PM
Burge - 02 November 2018 07:54 PM

I don’t know why you would post walls of text but not one actual example of what you mean.

Well, I was asking if it was okay to do that. Asking the question and then doing it straight away anyway without hearing people out would defeat the purpose wouldn’t it?

No because people wouldn’t know what the hell you are taking about without an example. Trust me

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top