• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Council (PS4,PC,X)

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-11-28

PM

I’ve been struggling with the first episode. The dialogue is really bad, unnatural and with way too much exposition. There are too many “cinematic” periods where I’m not controlling the player, and the historical stuff is pretty cringe inducing. Does it get better? More player urgency? Less of the tacked on RPG system? At least tell me the dialogue improves and the story elements start making sense instead of it being just a mishmash of famous historical figures/artifacts/locations? The mystery is the only thing that’s making me want to continue.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

Well there are a bit more puzzles in the later episodes (not a lot, but some satisfyingly hard ones you can’t simply brute-force), and only a couple more character introductions. Episodes three and four also raise the stakes beyond the personal and get into the specific topic these leaders were invited to discuss. Certainly the inclusion of Washington and Napoleon becomes important to the story, and others have a role to play beyond being enigmatic window-dressing.
At the same time, the rpg-like mechanics continue in full force, and I’m not sure what to say about the dialogue; I started to roll with the bad aspects of that in the first episode so I don’t notice it as much anymore regardless.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

I have to say I’m a bit disappointed at the review that went up, especially on the point of the ending. It’s slightly odd that you are always helping Holm first, but with there being good and bad ending outcomes of at least three strategies (try to be loyal to Mortimer, try to be loyal to Holm and Asahel, or try to save humans from all of their influences), I really don’t see how you’re being “funneled toward a predetermined conclusion”.
I also don’t see who the character is who “transforms into a villain without much warning”. It’s clear from the start that you should trust no-one here. If they’re talking about Mortimer, the possibility for this outcome should have been clear if you’ve been paying attention to your mother, to Von Wollner, to Holm and even to Mortimer himself from discussing his political views and ambitions. If you still weren’t prepared for it after that, congratulations, the villain managed to charm and manipulate you like they did to so many others. If it’s instead about Asahel/Adams, I can kind of see it but need to point out that talking to him at all is optional, and taking him along is optional even if you do. You are not forced into it. Also, there were clues early on that some nasty supernatural thing had been sealed inside Adams.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Some of the characters in the screenshots look absolutely bizarre. I’m generally into more realistic stuff so it would be more appealing if they made them more lifelike, considering the historical theme of the game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top