• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieLady Kestrelwalas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Utopia Syndrome

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Utopia Syndrome

Hello Adventure Gamers Smile Wink Smile! My name is Andrew Averkin. I am new here and this is my first thread here. I am in love with adventure games since my young years and one of my big dream was to create my own game. For many years I was working in 3d industry in different areas of computer graphics and now I am professional 3d environment artist working for films and game cinematics. But game development was always something new and hard for me. Few years ago I decided to start my personal game project and parallel start to learn game development process. It was quite hard but my wish to create game became stronger and stronger with every day!

Today, with great pleasure, I want to share with you guys a short information about my game called Utopia Syndrome. It is an indie game project and I work on this game in my free time. Utopia it is not just a game for me - it is a piece of myself, of my thoughts and imaginations, it is my ideas and dreams, emotions and feelings, strong efforts and wishes along with life experience which I am putting into this game!

About Utopia Syndrome

I have a lot of words to say about my game but if tell in short - Utopia Syndrome is a new perspective on «point and click» adventure games with unique visual style and top-down gaming perspective. The intersection of destinies, mysterious parallel storylines in a horror, mystic and world exploration adventure game. Click, read and interact, gather inventory items, notes and clues to solve puzzles to progress further. Immerse yourself in the dark corners of Utopia world to remember your past, present and future. You can see few trailers here.

Currently I am working on demo game which I am gonna share with everyone once it will be finished. I don’t have full time team, but there are few people that are helping me. I hire outsourcers from time to time to do this or that task when I have such opportunity, since all financial part of the game is fully lies on me. But with every it’s become hard to do and that is why I think about Kickstarter and early access on Steam in future.

Links

Utopia Syndrome game already has website, steam, facebook, VK pages. So wellcome!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/955020/Utopia_Syndrome/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/utopiagame/
VK: https://vk.com/utopiagame

Development Diary

We also have a development diary where I am sharing different information about process of Utopia game development.

Development Diary: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0v_uYcAFnSsZvk11o8lznA

Hope you will like Utopia Syndrome and I am looking forward to hear your feedback and I’ll be happy to answer any and all of your questions.

Cheers Heart

Image Attachments

Utopia_01.jpgUtopia_07.jpgScreenshot_06.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

Looks really interesting! Your work and visual style brings to my mind really talented Bischoff brothers (The Brotherhood Studio) and their work in games like STASIS, Cayne and Beautiful Desolation.

I`m backing you on kickstarter for sure if you decide to take that route Smile Good luck!

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2017-03-27

PM

The Attic trailer is very different from the others. Is that a different chapter? You said on the game site, “It is an indie game project that will consist of several chapters, each with its own unique story, characters, time, environments and atmosphere full of adventures, puzzles and quests.” How many chapters will the game have? Will each chapter be a stand-alone complete game? I like the way this looks.

Oh, and welcome to Adventure Gamers!

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Ahenobarbus - 14 October 2018 04:36 PM

Looks really interesting! Your work and visual style brings to my mind really talented Bischoff brothers (The Brotherhood Studio) and their work in games like STASIS, Cayne and Beautiful Desolation.

I`m backing you on kickstarter for sure if you decide to take that route Smile Good luck!

Thank you! Yeps, I know Chris, we spoken with him about his new game and about Utopia, we follow each other:) These guys really nice. And actually his game Stasis made a big push for me to start work on my game. I was always a big fan of isometric games such as Sanitarium, Fallout, Diablo etc. and I decided to move in this way. And during the process it turned out into something new, I don’t know how to call this, but I call this TDTP (Top Down To Perspective) where you can play Top Down but then move to Perspective cameras as in classic adventure games.

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Jofog - 14 October 2018 04:39 PM

The Attic trailer is very different from the others. Is that a different chapter? You said on the game site, “It is an indie game project that will consist of several chapters, each with its own unique story, characters, time, environments and atmosphere full of adventures, puzzles and quests.” How many chapters will the game have? Will each chapter be a stand-alone complete game? I like the way this looks.

Oh, and welcome to Adventure Gamers!

Hey Jofog! Thank you Smile ! Yes, the game will consist of several chapters, each of which has its own unique story, which will be linked to other chapters. Right now I can’t say much about the story because I am still writing it. But Mia - is one of the character of this game. And yes, you are right, this trailer looks different because this game will be suing 2 types of camera - Top Down and Perspective (TDTP that’s how I call this Smile ) You can play in Top Down mode or you can move at any time to Perspective view or it’s better to say classical Resident Evil style look.

Total Posts: 72

Joined 2017-03-27

PM

Thank you! That explains it very well. That’s an interesting and innovative idea. I’m looking forward to this game.

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Hehehey guys!

I want to share with you some really nice concept arts for my game. I’ve already shared them on game Facebook page, but think it would be also nice to post them here at Adventure Gamers. This is just a part of concepts that will be included in Utopia Syndrome Concept Art Book in future! I hope you will like them Grin. Concepts are made by amazing and talented concept artist Jeffrey Chew!

P.S. Is there any way to post more then 3 images and in bigger resolution then 900 px?

Image Attachments

Boiler_A_Room_C_01.jpgBoiler_A_Room_D_01.jpgBoiler_A_Room_D_02.jpg

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

More concepts Smile

Image Attachments

Prison_A_Room_C_01.jpgBoiler_A_Room_I.jpgBoiler_Room_G.jpg

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Looks like a very cool game!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Mikekelly - 19 October 2018 06:01 PM

Looks like a very cool game!

Heart

Thank you Smile

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

WOOOHOO, that is a hell of an artwork, and presentation, that is so fkn captivating and interesting!!!
Woo

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Advie - 20 October 2018 06:56 AM

WOOOHOO, that is a hell of an artwork, and presentation, that is so fkn captivating and interesting!!!
Woo

Oh wow, thank you, glad that you liked!

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Here is how the process of creating levels for Utopia looks like at design, modeling and assembling stages.

Image Attachments

Utopia_Syndrome_01_Small.jpg

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

More Smile

Image Attachments

Utopia_Syndrome_02_Small.jpgUtopia_Syndrome_03_Small.jpg

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

Work in progress of one of scene from Utopia called Control Room.

Image Attachments

ControlRoom_01_Small.jpgControlRoom_02_Small.jpgControlRoom_03_Small.jpg

Joined 2018-10-14

PM

More from Control Room.

Image Attachments

ControlRoom_04_Small.jpgControlRoom_05_Small.jpgControlRoom_06_Small.jpg

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!