• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2005-04-18

PM

Hi Zane,

If you are somewhere outside Europe, you can try the Gamestop one. It uses a system a bit more akin to Steam.

Reviews for the game are starting to drop in with this one giving the game a 9/10!

“A very good start of a series and candidate for adventure game of the year

Phoenix Online Studios’ first episode The Hangman is both an achievement in mature storytelling and great puzzle design. It is the spiritual successor of the Gabriel Knight series, but with its own unique ideas. Even if it has some technical hiccups and the graphics are dated, it has more substance than many other “serious” adventure games of late. The game also sets a new standard of episodic content with a long playtime of at least 5-6 hours and unlike Telltale’s The Walking Dead (which is without a doubt amazing in its own right, but less a game than a cinematic experience) demands a lot of cerebral thinking with its successful implementation of investigative work, cognition abilities and overall involvement in a believable game world.”

Full review here:

http://www.futuresack.com/index.php/news/554/56/Halloween-2012-Gaming-Special-Day-6-Cognition-An-Erica-Reed-Thriller-Ep-1-The-Hangman-PC-Mac.htm

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

wellll, impulse (gamestop) is giving me a huge hassle.
I’ll keep my eyes open in the future.

Joined 2005-04-18

PM

What’s the problem with it, Zane?

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i login to the gamestop site fine, then i go into the impulse section and it doesnt accept my password, So i click to retrieve my password, and it redirects me to the gamestop site password reset. So i do that, and then again, works fine for the gamestop site, doesnt work for the impulse store.

Joined 2005-04-18

PM

oh, well. I cannot help with that one.

Do they have a customer support that can help you with that?

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

my impulse accounts been locked “for a few hours” for too many login attempts. Iv found the problem seems to be that theyr in the process of merging 3 different site logins (gamestop, impulse, and some other thing).
If somebody can confirm it doesnt install securom i’ll consider making a new account Tongue
But just like steam, impulse installs whatever drm is given to them.

Joined 2005-04-18

PM

We provided one to them without any drm. They were specific about not needing it because they have their own digital system similar to Steam’s—which is not securerom.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

I preordered Cognition from the Phoenix website through Rain.  Now the game is out and I have no idea how to download it.  The Rain website shows my order which only has the preorder comic and soundtrack.  Any idea how I can download the first episode?  Very frustrated.

Joined 2005-04-18

PM

Hi Interplay,

You should have gotten an email recently with a download code on how to get it. If you haven’t, please email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), and we’ll get the problem resolved for you.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

yeaaah gamestop is…gamestop.
I havnt tried logging in for more than 15 hours and i still get the message “Sorry, you’ve tried to login more than 5 times so your account has been temporarily locked out.” Havnt heard back from their tech support yet… and their forums are full of stories of people losing games through the merger. Reminds me why i hate gamestop Tongue

EDIT: after 2 days of being ignored by their tech support, and still unable to try logging in at all, i can safely say i wont be doing any business with gamestop.

Total Posts: 347

Joined 2006-07-30

PM

cesarbittar - 30 October 2012 10:19 PM

Hi Interplay,

You should have gotten an email recently with a download code on how to get it. If you haven’t, please email .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address), and we’ll get the problem resolved for you.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks, I finally got an email link sent out late that night.  But, unfortunately, then the game would not run after installation.  Thankfully, I was able to solve that problem by looking at the forums on your website.  (It involved having to rename one of the game directories !?!) Confused

So, not the smoothest release, but I am now playing and enjoying the game.  Looking forward to the playthrough.

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Just finished it, and it’s definitely one of the best adventure game experiences I’ve played in recent years.  The voice acting is solid(with Holmes being particularly good as Erica), soundtrack is great, the art style is very appealing, the story is good so far, and the puzzles in general strike a good balance of being hard enough to be challenging but not enough to be frustrating.  And the length of the game is pretty good for an episodic series.  My only knock on the game is that I think the “major” regression puzzle in the game lasts a bit too long, and it would have been a little clearer to complete if you could confirm with the power that the individual segments are correct or not instead of having to have the whole group correct.  An excellent first episode.

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

I’m somewhere in the middle, and I’m loving the game so far. Great aspects all around. I love the graphical, visual style. Voice acting is fantastic. Puzzles have good variance of difficulty. The cognition mechanic is pretty cool.

Can’t wait to finish.

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

Thanks guys! It’s awesome that people are enjoying it! Grin

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Just finished. Great stuff! Very rock solid all around. I’m genuinely amazed but not surprised.

I loved the influence of GK and Still Life with a dash of Dexter.

This first episode introduced me to the characters, got me attached, and set the tone for what’s to come. I was a little sad when it ended because I was enjoying myself so much, but the gameplay length was more than appropriate. I can’t wait for Episode 2.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top