• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Live Action Adventure Games

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

I’m doing a research (followed by a live action social game event) on the types of live action gaming. Those of you who have participated in such activities are already familiar with the wide number of connections with the adventure game genre. Most of you have probably heard of the so common these days (among much wider audience than the ag enthusiasts) escape rooms, treasure hunts, urban quests etc. Some of them are mediocre but others are really cleverly designed and are closest you can get to experiencing adventure game mechanics in a real life situation. That’s why I’m really interested to learn what has been done and what could be done within this type of format.

Do you guys and gals have any experience in this area and do you consider these type of games as a part of the adventure game genre. And what type of puzzles, interactions and other ag elements do you think can be put into these real live experiences. Solitude, mechanical, logic, deduction, myst-like puzzles have already proven to be a solid material for the escape room games and it’s a real pleasure to be the actual person pushing all those levers and searching for hidden objects. Orientation and exploration has also been used in treasure hunts,sport games like Fort Boyard or combat simulations. But i’m way more intrigued by the option of translating things like interacting with characters, story development, matter of choices etc. I’ve seen some really interesting decisions in that direction in interactive/sensual theaters and LARPs.

Right now I’m gathering a list of all kind of live action games that have adventure elements and another list with type of puzzles/mechanics that could be used in them. Any help and thought on the matter would be great.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Iv been to over 20 “escape rooms” now and seen a wide range of things they can do. They are essentially adventure games and its not unusual to see some of the same puzzles we see in videogames. Only several iv been to used actors but those tend to be the best and most memorable. That said, they dont need to have acting to be highly immersive. These are games every adventure fan should try out.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

These are called many things, but LARP is a common term for them.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top