• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Ooh, Amerzone. Own it, never played it. Add my vote!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Post Mortem (11) - MikeKelly (leader), Sir Beardalot, RTRooney, Intense Degree, Dumbeur, Wilco, SoccerDude, Crabapple, Lucien21, Kaubouter, TimovieMan

The Journey Down, Chapters 1-3 (10) - Wilco (leader), TimovieMan, Lucebend, SoccerDude, Doom, Dumbeur, Intense Degree, Lady Kestrel, Advie, Cyfoyjvx

Shivers 2 (8) - Sir Beardalot, Wilco, RTRooney, SoccerDude, Doom, Timovieman, Intense Degree, Crabapple

Amerzone (6) - Lady Kestrel (leader), Doom, Dumbeur, RTRooney, Wilco, TimovieMan
Broken Sword (6) - Intense Degree, Dumbeur, Wilco, TimovieMan, Doom, Lady Kestrel
Thimbleweed Park (6) - MikeKelly (leader), Wilco, RTRooney, Detective Mosley, Dumbeur, Lady Kestrel
Tormentum: Dark Sorrow (6) - Lady Kestrel (leader), TimovieMan, Crabapple, RTRooney, Sir Beardalot, Dumbeur

Catyph (5) - TimovieMan, RTRooney, Doom, Sir Beardalot, Crabapple
Unavowed (5) - MikeKelly (leader), Dumbeur, Wilco, SoccerDude, Detective Mosely

The Gardens Between (4) - Oscar, Lady Kestrel, RTRooney, Cyfoyjvx
Still Life (4) - RTRooney, Intense Degree, Crabapple, Kabouter

Detention (3) - Wilco, Dumbeur, SoccerDude

Sam & Max Season 3 (2) - Wilco, Lady Kestrel
Darkside Detective (2) - Wilco, Cyfoyjvx

Haunted (1) - MikeKelly (leader)

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

LK, I just noticed something:

TimovieMan - 26 September 2018 11:34 AM

I still prefer playing them in order. Blame my autism, or my OCD. One vote for Post Mortem, please.

It was the last post on its page, so you probably missed it.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, I did miss it.  All fixed!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

TimovieMan - 30 September 2018 01:41 PM

LK, I just noticed something:

TimovieMan - 26 September 2018 11:34 AM

I still prefer playing them in order. Blame my autism, or my OCD. One vote for Post Mortem, please.

It was the last post on its page, so you probably missed it.

This may or may not make any difference. You probably need to play both Post Mortem and Still life before you play Still Life 2. But it really doesn’t matter the order in which you play the first two games. So it’s perfectly fine to vote for both.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

When does the three-day-no-activity clause kick in? Doesn’t need to. But trying to jump start some voting. But if this is it, let’s declare a winner and get on with the playthrough.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i vote for post mortem, so you can enjoy it the sooner the better.

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Now that was evil. It’s not like some vote-and-run-away game, you vote it - you play it. Besides there’s always some unnerving activity during the last days and even hours of voting, so one can never tell in advance whether we all gonna enjoy The Journey Down or suffer through Post Mortem.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its not evil, trust me

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m inclined to wait at least until the end of this weekend before closing the vote, just in case someone else wants to participate in the voting.  Also, since there has been controversy in the past about last-minute retracted votes, I’m going to request that we avoid that situation again by letting the votes already posted stand as they are.  If voting results in a tie, then, of course, everyone would vote again.

Advie,
I’m not sure whether or not I should take your vote seriously since you made it clear earlier that you don’t like the game.  If you’re sure you want to play it if it wins, then I’ll add your vote.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am sure that all the positive talk about this game has convinced Advie to play. I would count his vote. He difinately cast it.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Mikekelly - 04 October 2018 08:12 PM

I am sure that all the positive talk about this game has convinced Advie to play. I would count his vote. He difinately cast it.

Heart

Of course you would count it, it’s your game.

I don’t care if it’s counted or not, but you guys should set up some consistent rules. Last time people (including Advie) were complaining about voting as a reaction to cheating, and now we have people voting for even less solid reasons without even intending to play.

Then again, it’s not really a serious poll anyway if the administrator is allowed to vote. Next time you should just pick a game out of a hat

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ll wait to hear from Advie.

Then again, it’s not really a serious poll anyway if the administrator is allowed to vote. Next time you should just pick a game out of a hat

Why not?  I’m a member here, and I’ve participated in quite a few of the playthroughs.  I have no agenda other than to keep the tally this time around, try to keep the controvery to a minimum, and to vote for the games I want to (and can) play.  (Not everything on the list is Mac compatible.) 

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 04 October 2018 04:21 PM

Advie,
I’m not sure whether or not I should take your vote seriously

of course not LK.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top