• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Phoenix Wright trilogy coming to PC/PS4/XboxOne/Switch

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-09-22-capcom-is-bringing-the-ace-attorney-phoenix-wright-trilogy-to-switch

Good news since it was only available in portable consoles/mobile so far.

Time to get it for the 4th time…

Now what about some news of the Great Ace Attorney releasing in english!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Switch is quickly becoming the port machine to revitalise games.

I would imagine these are the IOS ports.

Could be cool to play those again.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Lucien21 - 22 September 2018 06:06 AM

Ghost Trick next please. I wonder how they are adjusting the resolution of these games from the DS to the TV HD resolutions.

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

SoccerDude - 22 September 2018 07:37 AM
Lucien21 - 22 September 2018 06:06 AM

Ghost Trick next please. I wonder how they are adjusting the resolution of these games from the DS to the TV HD resolutions.

I think they’re going to redraw them completely.

The Trilogy first appeared at Gameboy Advance in 2001-2004 in Japan, then was remade and upscaled for DS, Wii, mobile and 3DS.

So, the original resolution is 240x160 (GBA) and they’re aiming for 3840x2160. I don’t think it could be done otherwise, not even with Photoshop scaling tool.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 109

Joined 2005-07-29

PM

lucebend - 22 September 2018 09:34 AM

So, the original resolution is 240x160 (GBA) and they’re aiming for 3840x2160. I don’t think it could be done otherwise, not even with Photoshop scaling tool.

They actually already redrew them for the iOs release, but to be honest I think I preffered the original graphics just being stretched over how the hd artwork turned out.

Would be noce if they gave you the option for classic graphics like how the LucasArts rereleases do but I can’t remember 8lif that was an option for the PW trilogy.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Im surprised it took them this long to bring it to pc. I dont think its a sign they’d port something like ghost trick over unless it was getting a sequel they wanted to promote. Phoenix wright happens to be a cash crop, amazingly enough.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Very cool.  I played these, but I love it when classic games that never were available on a system I owned are finally ported to ones I do own.  (Shenmue being a good example that I haven’t gotten around to playing yet, but plan to)

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Great but really as little effort as possible from Capcom. Come on, Cap - there’s many more Ace Attorney games worth bringing over to Switch.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Just began a playthrough of this on my iPad but will abort and wait for the PC release. Only played the first case of the first game on iOS, but I think something has been lost in translation between the DS versions and the iOS “HD” version. Not a very good port IMO. Hope the PC version will capture the feel of the DS games better.

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2013-11-12

PM

I don’t like the HD sprites of the more recent releases (iOS/3DS), but if that’s not what’s feeling wrong to you, it might be the missing animations that are bothering you. The iOS version is missing some animations from the GBA/DS games (like blinking etc.).

“Rationality, that was it. No esoteric mumbo jumbo could fool that fellow. Lord, no! His two feet were planted solidly on God’s good earth” - Ellery Queen, The Lamp of God

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

The iOS port falls flat compared to the Nintendo DS version.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Tantei KID - 24 September 2018 01:44 PM

I don’t like the HD sprites of the more recent releases (iOS/3DS), but if that’s not what’s feeling wrong to you, it might be the missing animations that are bothering you. The iOS version is missing some animations from the GBA/DS games (like blinking etc.).

It’s the HD sprites, but also the blurry transitions when shifting between characters in the courtroom. I guess it’s by design, but it looks really cheap. The whole thing feels sterile.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I loved these games on the DS. The main advantage I see is if you own a Switch for example you can enjoy these classic games.

The sales of the Switch are amazing and it is getting lots of games - great to see.

If you have never played them on another system I am sure you would love them on the Switch, etc.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Well, it’s out on Steam. People who won’t play games unless they’re on PC have now no excuse not to play three of the very best adventures ever made.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/787480/Phoenix_Wright_Ace_Attorney_Trilogy__123/

Total Posts: 460

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

I’m playing through it now on Xbox One. Nice to have it on a larger resolution, and the soundtrack is still great.

Now Playing: Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III, Control: Ultimate Edition
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top