• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieJdawg445nouramrfouad94

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game have you just finished?

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Lady Kestrel - 11 September 2018 07:35 PM
TimovieMan - 11 September 2018 04:21 PM
Sir Beardalot - 11 September 2018 04:01 PM

I loved the Discworld games! It’s been years since I’ve played them. It might be time for a replay Smile

Follow along! Grin

Heh.  That brings back good memories.  Grin

Ah, thanks TimovieMan! Wish I had been around for those memories, but making new ones in the Shivers CPT Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Actually, following a past CPT while you’re playing on your own does add something to the experience. I can recommend it.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5568

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Yes, and you can even post your own comments when you finish.

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

Ninth - 11 September 2018 07:18 PM

Shortly following Discworld 1, I also finished Discworld 2 for the second time.

Oh yeah, and there are a few “hidden screens”, which you can only find if you somehow decide to walk completely to the side of another screen. Case in point : Mrs Cake’s shop. That had me stuck for hours, and I totally hate this.

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

Late to the party, but I just finished The Witness. GOG Galaxy says I’ve put over 60 hours into it. Game stats show there are still some stuff to do if I should feel like returning to the island in the future, but in my view I’m done (activated all the lasers and solved/found maybe 75 percent of what I think is purely optional stuff, reached the ending where an elevator thingy takes you back to the starting point from the bottom of the mountain)). What an amazing game! Kind of like the Lost Souls of adventure gaming in the way it challenges and trusts the player. I was thinking about quitting a few times during the first 10 or so hours but I’m glad I kept going. Brilliantly designed! Straight to my top 20-list.

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2018-03-06

PM

Thimbleweed Park got checked off my list earlier this week. Loved it!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Replayed Barrow Hill.

Short and sweet. Not a very long game, but it was fun and the puzzles logical.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2018-07-29

PM

Just finished Shivers, sorry no screenshot of the end game.

I tink, derefore, I am.
I tink

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Lucien21 - 23 September 2018 05:14 AM

Replayed Barrow Hill.

Have you played the sequel? I really enjoyed it as well, after all the bugs got worked out.  Wink

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2018-01-09

PM

Just finished replaying Fahrenheit (aka Indigo Prophecy).  Probably still one of the best executed David Cage games in my opinion (alongside Beyond: Two Souls).  The story is ridiculous and it knows it.  It’s not trying to make serious social commentary.  Clearly takes a lot of inspiration (and occasionally straight rip off) from ‘90s movies like The Matrix, etc.  Once all the ludicrous plot reveals are dropped the game finishes rather quickly.  Watching the “making of” video always makes me wonder why David Cage doesn’t just make movies.  I mean, it was probably just as much work to create this game as it was to create a movie like The Matrix, because all the animations are motion captured so they had to film people in motion capture suits doing all of the martial arts scenes and the crazy wire work wall-running, etc.  Pretty impressive stuff.  I remember this being the first game I’d ever played to simulate claustrophobia, but those parts really just come off as annoying.  They’re probably the only place where I died (kept failing until my stress level dropped past the suicide threshold). 

I’d totally forgotten that there were some Little Big Adventure voice actors in this like Christian Erickson and Doug Rand.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Sir Beardalot - 23 September 2018 11:49 PM
Lucien21 - 23 September 2018 05:14 AM

Replayed Barrow Hill.

Have you played the sequel? I really enjoyed it as well, after all the bugs got worked out.  Wink

Not yet, but I bought it on steam sale so maybe soon.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I just finished Haunted. A surprisingly solid little adventure game, but I do think the final half of it is a bit rushed, as the location and puzzle design takes a dip there.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 25 September 2018 11:52 AM

I just finished Haunted. A surprisingly solid little adventure game, but I do think the final half of it is a bit rushed, as the location and puzzle design takes a dip there.

true, but i thought always its because the 2nd part was more than amazing.

Total Posts: 1619

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Finally beat heavy rain i liked it a lot

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Sadly, Haunted was the last PC adventure game I found a physical copy of at the store.

Loved the game however, great fun.

I have a stack of adventure games I bought cheap at half price books that I really need to play on my laptop computer, this includes about 5 Nancy Drew games.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top