• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Space Quest 6 : Save Game Needed (after DNA Hair/Datacard Analysis) 

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

This is the most Famous Bug at SQ6 i had my way around it the last time i replayed the Game 3-4 Years ago with WinXP.

Now With Win7 Under DosBox .74 and Game CD Version 1.0 things seem different,and almost impossible .

at the Sierra Help Page they Provide that SaveGame but it works only with Game’s CD Ver. 1.1 and Higher , and however i try (when restoring that save) i get a message “this File had been saved under a different interpreter” something like that

i actually tried everything changed the DosBox version to .73 and .63 reinstalled the game many times used different Saves from “I Heart Space Quest” Site/Page .. but its always the same. the problem is (i guess) with the Games Version, maybe its so old, maybe its not supported anymore or was long ago, i just haven’t any clue how to pass this point unless i am gonna watch the rest of the game on the Tube !

if anyone been through this issue before, and i almost sure there must be someone here, please help...

i was really enjoying some great nostalgic moments

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

Have you tried the timer patches by that NewRisingSun guy? They have always worked perfectly for me. I’d give you a direct link but I can’t get to the Sierra help pages at the moment.

Edit: Here‘s a direct link. Must have been something wrong with the browser on my phone.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thanks Harold, it didnt work as well, anyways i got a save from Sierra’ Help that works on Ver 1.0 but later on in but game and i watched my Score jumping from 220 until 360 on the tube , so i didnt miss much Wink

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

Congratulations on the score boost! Tongue Just make sure the narrator doesn’t take it all away in Cyberspace later.

Strange that the patch didn’t work for you. Maybe I’ve been lucky and always had the right versions of the games.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

harald - 05 November 2012 11:09 AM

I’ve been lucky and always had the right versions of the games.

you are for sure Smile)
my CD version is as old as Adventure Gamers or even more.

off-topic Harlod but i bought this one WITH something around 60-70$ which was huge money/amount comparing to value of the same amount nowadays, i mention that because i remembered KQV when it was 1st released it costed/sold with 95$ (don’t remember exactly) but i remember it was almost 100$ and you know what did 100$ dollars bill meant back then at the early 90’s or lets just say late 80’s!!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top