• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Using “back one page” on this site

Total Posts: 448

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

I’ve noticed recently that clicking the “back one page” arrow while on this site often doesn’t work. I have to click it at least two times to go back a page. This happens almost every time I go to a page and scroll down a bit, but not if I don’t scroll down…then it goes back without a hitch.

This is the only site where I’ve run into this issue, and it seems to have started a couple/few weeks ago.

I am using a PC with Windows 10 (not the upgrade) and everything is updated.

Any ideas?

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 724

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

Mike the Wino - 17 July 2018 02:36 PM

I’ve noticed recently that clicking the “back one page” arrow while on this site often doesn’t work. I have to click it at least two times to go back a page. This happens almost every time I go to a page and scroll down a bit, but not if I don’t scroll down…then it goes back without a hitch.

This is the only site where I’ve run into this issue, and it seems to have started a couple/few weeks ago.

I am using a PC with Windows 10 (not the upgrade) and everything is updated.

Any ideas?

Hmm.. Not really any idea on something that changed specifically in that regard, but I’ll do some testing around.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

I’m not going to say that there isn’t something wrong with the site software but I have that problem from time to time on various other sites (also running 10 but fully up-to-date and patched) but never here.
Not sure if that helps or hinders Smile

Edited to add:

Would be useful if I told you which browser and it’s IE 11

Life is what it is.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Still having this issue…anything coming out of your investigations, CaliMonk?

As Jabod mentioned, I should probably add I’m using the FireFox browser, all up-to-date.

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I notice the same behaviour with Firefox, it seems to be due to the fact that over time the advertising refreshes, which makes Firefox believe it’s a new page for some odd reason (i’d quantify that as a Firefox bug in a way..) Looking to see if there is any way I can change that behaviour.

Clicking the back button more often would solve it in a way.. Not ideal obviously.

(Long thread over at Firefox on this: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1122462)

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

There really isn’t anything I can do to change this behaviour, I’m 99% convinced it’s related to advertising being loaded however that Firefox believes is a new page while it technically is (it’s a new page in a frame) it shouldn’t see it as that.

So only real options here are to either wait for Firefox to fix it, become a Patreon to help support the site and get all advertising removed in its place :-)

(That, your you use something else to disable all advertising, we’d be bummed on that though as it keeps us alive).

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2018-06-11

PM

I think it’s happening to people using adblock, since it’s working fine for me Wink

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

deltaminds - 08 August 2018 01:35 AM

I think it’s happening to people using adblock, since it’s working fine for me Wink

Nope. I use AdBlock and don’t have the problem here but I do get the problem occasionally on other sites.

I think it’s more to do with a Windows problem than anything. Would be nice to hear rom anyone running a Linux or Mac setup if they have the problem - here or anywhere.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

I don’t know what got changed yesterday, but all of a sudden I no longer have to click multiple times on the “back arrow” in my browser to go back a page on the site. I haven’t updated anything on my system lately, so the change must have been to some behavior here. Whatever it was, THANKS!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Never mind, as of today the behavior is back and happening again…at least for me. Short-lived reprieve!  Meh

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

As I mentioned before.. It’s due to the advertising, I broke it for a day, hence it worked well :-)

No advertising sadly resolves it. It is a bug in the browser though.

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Well…break it again!  Wink

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

I noticed yesterday that the issue discussed above seems to have resolved itself again, for now. I haven’t updated my Firefox browser since early January (currently at version 64.0.2) but it’s squawking at me to do so now. Hopefully the new, soon to be downloaded update doesn’t force the return of the evil behavior consuming my time here on AG.  Wink

I also hope that just mentioning here in writing that I no longer have to double/triple/quadruple back-click to go back a page doesn’t somehow rile the browser gods into recreating the problem as punishment for this acknowledgment. Time will tell!  Crazy

Attention Firefox: No disrespect intended. You really are my favorite browser and the only one I use if at all possible!  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Site → Site & Forum Feedback → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top