• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Need help remembering the name of an old dos era adventure game.  Can anyone help?

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2018-07-11

PM

I need help remembering an adventure game way back in the day, if any of you fine folks have a moment.

The graphics and gameplay were roughly similar to Kings Quest 4, but with crude fencing gameplay added on.  You played a bearded inventor in your typical middle ages fantasy setting, and the game opens at the PC’s cabin the woods, where he is sleeping.  He has a rope and pully alarm clock, which then wakes him by dumping a glass of water on his face.  At some point he goes to a tavern where he tries to fix an invention of his:  A machine which pushes ale mugs down the bar, freeing the bartender from delivering the ales himself.  The machine malfunctions, sending a ale flying so hard that it hits one of the patrons and knocks him unconscious.  The other patrons get pissed and beat the PC up before throwing him out.

Later, he fights a pirate who just shows up out of nowhere on the beach and attacks him.  If the PC swims out into the ocean long enough, eventually a shark will start tailing him, and dramatic JAWS-like music will start playing.  Eventually the shark will leave for no apparent reason, and the PC will wonder why.  He gets his answer when a giant sea monster rises from the water and swallows him whole.

I don’t remember much else.  Further down the beach there’s a cave full of cultists who are sacrificing a woman on an altar.  After they kill her, they’ll notice the PC and kill you if you don’t GTFO of there.

I played the shareware version of this game when I was a kid, and I don’t know if the game was ever fully released.  If I do find this game, I’m sure I’ll be massively disappointed at how the game fails to invoke the childlike wonder I felt back then, but still, this nostalgia twinge won’t go away and it’s pissing me off, so if you could help me quash it I’d greatly appreciate it!  Smile

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

That’s the one that popped into my mind as well.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2018-07-11

PM

That’s the one!  Thanks you so much! Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top