• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieDaleIronCretinJdawg445kanaifurtrooneywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2007-02-17

PM

Coming this month, apparently. Quite honestly I was expecting a little bit more hype on this site and boards Wink

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

don’t worry about our hype!, here, are at least four of the many threads made for Hero-U with all the Hype in the world!, all we need now is to get our hands on the game, and plaaaay!

https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/1116

https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/873/P120

https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/873/P15/

https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2699

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Confirming the hype. Wasn’t a backer but buying day 1. I really should squeeze in some QfGIV time before it drops!

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

TalC2 - 02 July 2018 02:41 PM

Coming this month, apparently. Quite honestly I was expecting a little bit more hype on this site and boards Wink

Quite honestly if it didn’t have the Coles’ name attached to it, I doubt it would get any attention at all. It looks pretty average from the screens.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Yeah I’m not crazy about the aesthetic or the isometric view, but I’m there for the adventurin’!

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I agree with Oscar.  They lost me at ‘turn-based RPG’.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I concur with Oscar. But I’ll be monitoring on what the reviews and users say about it, as I do love QfG series.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Whole lotta still art in that trailer for a game that may release in 1 week. If thats because still art is a significant part of the game, thats fine.. just show how that art looks in the interface.. because this mostly looked lile a concept art trailer.
Im happy for them, its been a long road. I will play it for sure and hope for the best. And in the event of disappointment, at least mage’s initiation is around the corner too.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think the still art might be because it’s easily the best looking art in the game and because, at least what I’ve seen of the game play, the game itself doesn’t at least capture very interesting. the combat especially looked somewhat dull, but that wouldn’t come as a surprise for a game by Coles.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I backed the game. I’m in the beta. I’ve installed it. I have not played it.

Development has been so long and such a train wreck that I’m pretty sure the game is going to be a disaster, but the later I get confirmation of that the better.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

tomimt - 03 July 2018 11:01 AM

I think the still art might be because it’s easily the best looking art in the game and because, at least what I’ve seen of the game play, the game itself doesn’t at least capture very interesting. the combat especially looked somewhat dull, but that wouldn’t come as a surprise for a game by Coles.

true. Im especially skeptical about the combat since it appears to be 1 player vs enemies turn based. Not many games can pull that off. Party management is what makes turn based worth it. But yes as a Coles game the question will be: do all the other elements outshine the combat.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Downloading now. Its not up yet on steam, but is on gog…. fingers crossed for a good game.
edit: i played it for an hour and id say its quite nice so far. It does seem to have a lot of care and detail in the writing.

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

Got GOG version, played the game yesterday and it seems like it will be a lot of fun, lots of little details there. Played the part at the beginning when u are in that house where u need to find the coin and everything was working fine, I explored everything in the room and then exited the window where that wizard guy waited for me, we talked and i decided to follow him to university.

Until that point game ran without any problems, but after i talked to that wizard guy and when the game was supposed to take me to the next screen the game just locks up. I hear music and my pc is working normally, its only that the game cant switch to the next screen. I do not know if someone has the same issues, but it is really annoying because the game looks to be just what i would like. My pc is kinda old so it might be that is the problem, but it is weird because until that point the game ran without any issues and it really is not a game that requires a powerful pc.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I’ve played this for 2 minutes and already feel that if I have to read one more pun I’ll never look at another item ever again.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

It’s actually not half bad. The lengthy descriptions can be tedious, but it has its charms and feels just like a QFG game. I probably shouldn’t be surprised, but I am.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Im still very early in, but yes exactly. It is equal parts tedious and charming, and so far that balance feels fine enough. It is a qfg-like adventure and there is danger and wonder. The combat so far is okay enough.. i can take some time to do a little bit of fighting or focus on the school activities at the pace i want.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top