• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Have you ever dreamt of/about adventure gaming?

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

... A dream, Literally!, and in any way or any sense? or even Dreamt adventure gaming in a dream? which that would remarkably be awing!

I, yesterday, dreamt of Tacoma, which strangely i haven’t ever played, lol, but my dream was a fabrication of my inner thoughts; weaved of some form an atmosphere; consisted of Neon Lights, BladeRunner style, at a street with a lot of dark spaces at it.

I don’t or didnt remember what it was about, or if it was anything more than that view of the street, and the game’s title (Tacoma) that i woke up remembering it, being the last of it, which was just a word i’ve heard (i think in my voice) before waking up totally normally, having slept enough (i reckon).

The only thing connected this dream to Tacoma is its title i ve heard, and eventually, the only thing i remembered. It was also the first word i said (to myself) after waking up instantly, not wanting to forget it?, i said it again, and jumped to my mobile, searching for Tacoma’s images but i was disappointed (as i wanted to see Screenshots similar to what i had seen) but they had nothing to do with it. Anyway, i ended up downloading it, now almost done, guess there is no better reason to play it more than this story and dream.

I am sure i had dreamed of adventure games before. This dream tho was enough to open this topic and see if anyone had had any dream (at any time) connected to the genre.

I think the genre to come down into someone’s time of sleep, is something! an experience! maybe we all won’t be remembering what it was about to, but i guess that remembering the event by itself is just fair enough.

Would be happy if any would like to share anything s(he) remembers.

Thanks.

Edited

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Of course I dream. Some of the most difficult puzzles in games I dream about. And, much to my surprise, I wake up in the morning with the solution to the puzzle fully formed.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

I remember one night when I was unwell dreaming of a scene in an Ultima game where you were walking across the desert. I was stuck walking my character across the screen for what seemed like hours…

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Years ago when I was just a kid and Day of the Tentacle hadn’t even been announced yet, I saw a dream of Maniac Mansion 2. It looked more realistic in style than either of the real games do.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

No, but adventure gaming dreams about me all the time. If only there was someone talented enough to put me in a game, I’m sure they would make million$. Oh well, their loss…

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2017-04-06

PM

As a kid I remember playing Prince of Persia: Two Thrones and getting stuck in platforming areas and bosses. The weeks I played the game, I frequently used to have dreams of being in the game and doing every thing swiftly.

I miss those days.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I don’t recall any dreams right now but of course, if we spend a lot of time doing something it leaks into our dreams and even our waking life.

I can recall being a kid having played too much chess one day and seeing people sitting diagonally on television and in my head they were “capturing” each other.

Total Posts: 5594

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

A couple of images of Riven popped into my dreams when I played it for hours and hours the first time.  Once I was in an underwater cave and another time I was falling through a tube with lights all around it.  I also sometimes dream of solving puzzles.  Usually they’re letters that I have to shift around somehow, but the more I do it, the worse it gets.  I wake up feeling a bit frustrated.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Generally I don’t remember any dreams except for the one just before I wake up.  I have felt though that if I had a particularly tricky puzzle that I was working on and hadn’t been able to solve, that the next time I played I was able to solve it easily.  My brain probably had been working on it while I was asleep.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Lady Kestrel - 20 June 2018 01:35 PM

A couple of images of Riven popped into my dreams when I played it for hours and hours the first time.

me too, i remember it took 5-6 months to finish it, there were times i traveled in between and had no access to my PC, for those two weeks, and Riven was haunting me in my dreams, i won’t say these dreams made solve the puzzle where i was stuck before traveling but its the whole package of being away, made me look at it in much easier perspective, especially when i saw for the first time, the reflection of the fish at a cave’s entrance, on the water as a Déjà vu, it beileved then i was stored at the back of my mind but needed just another look to figure it out.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

i sure did when I was playing Gabriel Knight 2 many years ago. I was obsessed with the game and would dream about it and what I needed to do. I haven’t done it with any other game since, but vividly remember dreaming about that game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top