• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

This year is heavy with fine releases, maybe the best since…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

..Since ‘12! in the perspective of the past 8 years of this decade*, and there is a year yet more, to know which year of the decade would best be.

someone i know (also you know) sees 2015 is as good as 1997 but however, i am NOT making the thread to decide (me) here which or what is what! even 2012 privilege to be the best of the decade (until the whole decade is done) is something i am not really agreeing with, but i said that because it what i can imagine from many posts i read here, that it is.

yet, this year is half way thru and with many important titles coming out yet, anyways i’d bet its gonna be one of the greatest year of this decade.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I would say 2015 was the best year of the decade (so far).

2018 hardly will be better than 2015, although I expect Unawowed will improve this year’s quality.

I hope there be surprises to come, but I can’t see in the horizon that 2019 beats 2015 either. I am pretty sure Whispers of a machine will be a great game. Maybe if they release a few games we have been waiting for years (Asylum, The Last Crown:Blackenrock)...

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

2016 was the best for a long, long time and it’s not even close. There were so many good releases that year…

This year? Meh. There have been 1 or 2 good games, that’s all. Maybe compared with 2017 it is good so far but that was a poor year relatively speaking.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I’ve been looking for a good place to compare and this site looks like the best option so far.

A brief glance puts 2015 ahead of 2016 for me but I’m still going through it.

EDIT:  Googling something like this is probably better:  site:steampowered.com “point & click” “release date: * 2012”

Obviously Steam isn’t exhaustive but it’s the only place I know that properly tags Point & Click and Game Finder here doesn’t quite seem suited to this task.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

dumbeur - 13 June 2018 01:23 PM

I’ve been looking for a good place to compare and this site looks like the best option so far.

EDIT:  Googling something like this is probably better:  site:steampowered.com “point & click” “release date: * 2012”

Obviously Steam isn’t exhaustive but it’s the only place I know that properly tags Point & Click and Game Finder here doesn’t quite seem suited to this task.

thanks Dumbeur 4 the link, but i think (and i m asking you at the same time) wouldnt this best year of this decade (so far) for an adventurer, be stored in his mind n heart without needing going to go back, and collect statistics

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Thanks, Advie.  I’m very excited about several games coming out this year (and some already out that I haven’t played yet) but I’m not the best person to ask.

I took such a long break from gaming that the only way for me to know if 201X was a good year is to go back and see which games I’ve played (or am at least aware of their quality) from that year.

I do know if this year lives up to the hype, it’ll take some beating.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Advie - 13 June 2018 03:55 PM
dumbeur - 13 June 2018 01:23 PM

thanks Dumbeur 4 the link, but i think (and i asking you at the same time) wouldnt this best year of this decade (so far) for an adventurer, stored in his mind n heart without needing going to go back and collect statistics

My hearts says a year with Techobabylon, Life is Strange, STASIS and The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (and for some people Broken Age) is a year hard to beat. For not mentioning small jewels as Aviary Attorney or Dead Syncronicity.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

So far I’ve enjoyed Red Strings Club, Detroit, Unforseen Incidents & The Council.

There’s some more promising releases coming up so if Strangeland, Gibbous, The Walking Dead: Final Season, Captain Spirit & The Unavowed all hit the mark it’ll definitely shape up into a very good year for adventure games.

Is Lamplight City supposed to be this year as well? If all these games turn out good then it’ll have been a good year for the mainstream side, mid tier & the indies.

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Saint Kotar is due this year as well.

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Should also mention I’ve seen a lot of positive things being said about Detective Gallo. Haven’t played it for myself yet but it’s certainly something I’m interested in checking out.

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

PlanetX - 13 June 2018 04:56 PM

Is Lamplight City supposed to be this year as well?

“Lamplight City is due later this year, some time from April to the end of June. “
-Jan 2018, https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/01/02/lamplight-city-adventure-game/

So we should certainly see it by the end of the year.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

walas74 - 13 June 2018 04:45 PM

My hearts says a year with Techobabylon, Life is Strange, STASIS and The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (and for some people Broken Age) is a year hard to beat. For not mentioning small jewels as Aviary Attorney or Dead Syncronicity.

Easy - by a year with Obduction, Ahnayro: The Dream World, ABZU, The Witness, Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet, Samorost 3, Kelvin and the Infamous Machine, Goetia, Eyes of Ara, Quern: Undying Thoughts, Firewatch, Haven Moon, The Last Guardian, Kathy Rain, Orwell, King’s Quest Reboot… the list goes on but I’ll stop there.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Oscar - 13 June 2018 05:39 PM
walas74 - 13 June 2018 04:45 PM

Easy - by a year with Obduction, Ahnayro: The Dream World, ABZU, The Witness, Nelly Cootalot: The Fowl Fleet, Samorost 3, Kelvin and the Infamous Machine, Goetia, Eyes of Ara, Quern: Undying Thoughts, Firewatch, Haven Moon, The Last Guardian, Kathy Rain, Orwell, King’s Quest Reboot… the list goes on but I’ll stop there.

Maybe the issue to decide which year is better is about quantity vs quality then.

Is it better a year with many good games or a year with a few good games and a few very good games?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

walas74 - 13 June 2018 06:30 PM

Is it better a year with many good games or a year with a few good games and a few very good games?

It’s probably more a matter of taste. I didn’t get much out of 2015 besides SOMA, Her Story, and Technobabylon was decent I guess. Life Is Strange was OK too but I’m not 16 anymore.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Mobygames is a great resource for finding games by genre or year. With the different options you can narrow it down pretty good.
http://www.mobygames.com/browse/games/windows/adventure/2017/

Other than that, ask Zobraks he knows a place.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Oscar - 13 June 2018 06:44 PM
walas74 - 13 June 2018 06:30 PM

It’s probably more a matter of taste. I didn’t get much out of 2015 besides SOMA, Her Story, and Technobabylon was decent I guess. Life Is Strange was OK too but I’m not 16 anymore.

Ohhh you’d never have to stop being 16 Wink

But yeah, in the end, everything is about taste.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top