• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

apignarbCharophyceanJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #47 - Life is Strange

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Welcome to the Life is Strange CPT. Life is Strange is a VERY popular game, selling in the millions of copies. I’ve played it twice and it is wonderful. Yes, it does involve time travel, but there is so much more to this game than that, I found both the characters and story to be delightful.

It is wonderful when an Adventure game is a best seller, proves that this genre is anything but dead. Why is this game so popular? Well, pull up a chair and come play! The more the merrier!

We will start with setting up the game, please take until 5/25/2018 to setup the game and watch the game intro and make sure it works.

Then I would like to complete an episode with a week until complete. As usual, if you get stuck, there are plenty of walkthroughs for you to use.

Lastly, this game is now on IOS! I am playing it again for this CPT, this time on a handheld - my iPad mini.

Admin - please sticky this thread to the top.

Some pics:

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Great, never played it, and i thought i never would, but hey, its installed (for a while now, on my LAptop) and ready to join.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I know I have this game & just looked. I bought it in 2015 & played for 2 hours apparently - I don’t know why I didn’t continue but am now looking forward to playing it fully although of course I’ll have to start again!  Smile

Total Posts: 416

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

I’m ready to get totally stuck in the retro zone. Sad face.

Amazeballs.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Nice to see that some people are going to experience this for the first time.  This is a good one.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Game installed and ready to go!

Really looking forwards to this, it’s such a great game, can’t wait to be back in the game universe!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

If you are ready to go, great! Can’t wait to get those end of episode 1 comments on how the game is doing, should be fun reading!

You should start episode one in just a couple of days.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I wish I could have my memories about this game erased… so I could play it again for the first time.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am in the same boat, I just got done playing it for a second time. Great game however. Everyone ready for episode 1?

Heart

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Why don’t we shoot for finishing episode 1 by June 4th?

Heart

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve finished Chapter 1 & realised why I didn’t continue with it beyond 2 hours first time around. I’m playing on PC & find the interface (for me) a little awkward but more uncomfortable as it’s causing some motion sickness. However, I’ve persisted & have got hooked on the story so will keep on…..I thought I’d bought the complete game but realised I’d only got Chapter 1 so I’ve gone ahead & bought the bundle with all the episodes which incudes Chapter 1 again - it was much cheaper that way!

I love the graphics & the voice-acting is excellent.
So far I’ve only used the rewind feature when it seemed necessary but I can understand why this game is so re-playable to see how the consequences of making different choices affect the progress of the story.
I like the twists in the story so far: not recognising the girl ‘who got shot’ as being Chloe, Max’s former friend until later + the bulling security guard is her stepfather.
The personalities, social interactions & attitudes are quite compelling along with the unusual way of making different choices. I like the idea that at any one time you can see what happens if you make a different choice i.e. I didn’t try rewinding time to come out of the closet when Chloe’s stepfather was giving her a hard time.   

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

For me, the graphics in this game were a major step up from the typical games I play.

Voice acting as well I found to be top notch. Later in the game, rewinding to get different endings is quite fun.

The good thing about Before the Storm for me so far is that it has graphics and voice acting are of equal quality.

Heart

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2016-02-02

PM

I’m thinking about joining in on this community playthrough! One question - is it 1 chapter per episode? I’m looking at Steam, and it lists five episodes (not counting Before the Storm, which I take it came out after the original game).

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

We are playing by episode, so an episode is considered a chapter. The game can be bought by the chapter (episode) if you prefer. So, we are on episode 1 - a perfect time to join in.

Heart

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Guys sorry, been a bit slow. Will post my full thoughts on first part later today, but for now just wanted to share a little bit of my history with this game. As I suspect will become quickly apparent I love this game and have a lot to say about it! If you’re not interested please do feel free to ignore it, or just stick me on your ignore list for the next few weeks! Smile

I’ve played through Life is Strange 3 times before now and it honestly feels like a defining game in my ‘gamer career!’. There was ‘gaming me’ before I had played it and ‘gaming me’ afterwards and something massive had happened inbetween! There are probably only a handful of other games in any genre that I feel that sense about.

I had no idea about that before I started playing LiS obviously! When it came out, the game was vaguely on my radar as a ‘choice’ game and I thought it was going to be a bit similar to some of the Telltale games (I hadn’t really looked into it). Don’t want to start a TTG discussion, but I had enjoyed The Wolf Among Us and quite enjoyed the Game of Thrones one. In short, I thought LiS would be a game I would probably enjoy a fair amount but not much more. I remember thinking to myself, ‘I’ll wait for the Android release’ just like I had done with a TTG game or two, as they were diverting enough for the commute.

I first picked up LiS at around the time episode 3 was released. I guess it’s fair to say my expectations for the game weren’t particularly high or low but I soon realised this was not a Wolf-Among-Us-Like and I was not going to be playing it on the commute any time soon! (Although I believe the Android part is actually coming out soon).

Enough for now, but I’d be interested to hear anyone else’s expectations for the game, whether looking back at the first time you played it, or as a first time player now. Please do share!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I am sorry, fantastic people, playing this fantastic game, i won’t be able to join as my long backlog with and 2 more new (almost) titles i am on already, and i hate forgetting what the game abiu
it seems that May and June were intense too a good degree Smile with some fine adventures, and i like to jump on any new title that’s And finish them as a priority.

Sorry again,
and Enjoy!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top