• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Myst 25th Anniversary Rerelease?

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

it seems to be all about the linking LCD screen book that plugs into your windows pc by usb and you can link to parts of the island of all the games.this is $169 but it looks like they are all gone now as it’s not appearing as one of the award tiers.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2006-10-02

PM

Best game sales pitch video I’ve seen on kickstarter so far. Superb production.

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

plumgas - 12 April 2018 06:47 AM

it seems to be all about the linking LCD screen book that plugs into your windows pc by usb and you can link to parts of the island of all the games.this is $169 but it looks like they are all gone now as it’s not appearing as one of the award tiers.

Still shows up when I go there…

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

The book is a great collectible but I’m salivating over Ghen’s beetle inkwell and pen.
>sigh<

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I wish they had pledge levels for just the extras, without the games. I’d certainly be willing to pay a bit for the book reproduction…just not $99.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

3 days to finish the kickstarter (and still thinking if I should get it)

More than 2 million, not bad. Myst still strong brand

Total Posts: 401

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

I forgot about this and squeaked in to get the tier with the linking book. I have all the games and the old computers to play them, but I want to support the company.

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Me too.  That inkwell got me!  They can take my money any day, just keep on making great games.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2018-01-09

PM

wilco - 21 May 2018 05:09 PM

More than 2 million, not bad. Myst still strong brand

Yeah, definitely.  Zarf pointed out on his blog that the Myst kickstarter made well over twice as much as the Obduction kickstarter with less than half the number of backers.  That’s another big indication of the big selling power of the Myst name. 

I seriously doubt we’ve seen the last game with “Myst” in the title (even if the next title is more a spinoff or reboot than a sequel).  I’m guessing Cyan probably won’t be the ones making it, but if they’re still around at least licensing the Myst brand will hopefully bring them some more revenue.  I’d really like to see them make another fantastic original game like Obduction.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

https://www.gog.com/game/myst_3_exile
https://www.gog.com/game/myst_4

And Myst III and IV finally get a digital release!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top