• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CharophyceanGabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don’t Dry

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

garbo - 23 May 2018 04:43 AM

It is a real thing. https://www.hardcoregamer.com/2018/05/23/leisure-suit-larry-wet-dreams-dont-dry-officially-announced-for-2018/300093/ While i am not terrible happy about germans being behind it, CrazyBunch was behind Anna’s Quest, right?

Wow, graphically that actually looks like a wet dream for Larry fans. Much better looking than Reloaded.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

It is a real thing. https://www.hardcoregamer.com/2018/05/23/leisure-suit-larry-wet-dreams-dont-dry-officially-announced-for-2018/300093/ While i am not terrible happy about germans being behind it, CrazyBunch was behind Anna’s Quest, right?

Not bad at all. thank God.

CrazyBunch had their share along the original Krams and Daedalic, and since we dont know exactly who did what we cant tell what was their role exactly as the game basic animations and art had been continued over what was done by one man Dane Krams, the dev of the whole 1st Episode, until it became a full game.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Germans? Oh dear… it’s going to be terrible. Germans and comedy just don’t mix.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

tomimt - 23 May 2018 06:58 AM

Germans? Oh dear… it’s going to be terrible. Germans and comedy just don’t mix.

Sadly yes, but I wonder how much is lost in translation because I have noticed series like Deponia and Ankh are loved by German speakers but in English they are just not that funny.

Larry is such an American culture based game that I think they need a US based writing team for sure.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’d assume a lot of is lost in translation, especially if there’s things like language based puns or directly culture based jokes that aren’t so well known outside the country.

I threw a Twitter message to Al Lowe to ask if he has anything to do with the game, so maybe he’ll have more insight, or he can say if he is involved in this in any way or form.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I kind of assumed that Tomi was German when he made that comment but he appears to be Finnish. Grin

My token German friend is funny fwiw.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I might like beer, but I’m indeed a Finn. while we are on the subject of German humour, the funniest thing I’ve seen coming from them is Nick Knatterton. Why has no developer grabbed that title? His adventures would make a pretty solid game.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

This is certainly looking far more interesting than I would have expected. Without Al, or some very talented writers, I don’t expect greatness, but we may at least get something enjoyable that doesn’t embarrass the legacy.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Easy to be surprised when you have zero expectations. Fans have popped into adventure game forums across the years trying to get the ball rolling on some Larry fan game to step in as Sierra burned to ashes. This looks like it’s being made by people who at least LIKE Leisure Suit Larry rather than some arrogant prat telling us “oh no, we can’t do this - we need the Gone Home audience”.

Can definitely sense the German factor with the game title though. So on the nose.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Can they really do worse than Simon the Sorcerer 4 and 5?

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Not missing a beat, here comes Eurogamer to stick their nose up in the air and talk down to the hoi polloi. “Oh no, no, no - we can’t have a new Larry. Do these commoners have no shame?”

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-05-23-leisure-suit-larry-is-back-from-the-dead-for-some-reason

Worth posting because of the savaging the writer is getting in the comments.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I’m not familiar with the author but I’m assuming this is “controversial” click-bait from a quick scan.

Otherwise, he would at least wait to actually play the feckin’ game before judging it.

I’m quite looking forward to how they tackle Larry’s crass take on modern sensibilities.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

That article does read more like an opinion piece done fully based on hearsay rather than anything else. The comments don’t seem to be that happy either, but that is aimed more towards the article more than the game itself.

It does seem that some people are full of the modern “holier than thou” journalistic approach.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I don’t understand. Does LSL offend some people? Sure seems like it.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The game’s devs said on Steam, that Al Lowe isn’t involved with it. Not that it came as a surprise.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top