• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don’t Dry

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-01-06

PM

A new Leisure suit larry has appeared on steam. relase date is 24 oct. 2018
https://store.steampowered.com/sub/226432/

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Its either magna cum laude larry shit, with more stuff of LBGTs to go with today sexual references (i guess), or it is also some other rubbish that has nuthing to do with the site or the genre in general at all, either way, RIP LSL, like RIP Jane Jensen’s adventure games, like RIP Space Quest with its two guys ...

i knew about from Sierra FB Page today, and the title, the way steam promoting and even selling some fish that lies dead in an unknown sea made me clinch of the whole news (if this is considered news), GOSH!, what are they are doing with all those great IPs and legendary Devs at end of their last days of the gaming industry and maybe their lives. Will Al be a part at this??, i hope not, because he will adding just this RIP to himself too.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’m not even cautiously optimistic before there is more news about this. For now I think of this as a piece of shovelware laced with a familiar title in hopes that people are fooled to shell cash.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 19 May 2018 09:21 AM

I’m not even cautiously optimistic before there is more news about this. For now I think of this as a piece of shovelware laced with a familiar title in hopes that people are fooled to shell cash.

you mean Steam will risk its reputation as the most and biggest online gaming provider/company for some shell cash?

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

You guys are all very quick to judge… what if it turns out to be the best LSL game since Shape Up Or Slip Out?

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Luhr28 - 19 May 2018 11:04 AM

You guys are all very quick to judge… what if it turns out to be the best LSL game since Shape Up Or Slip Out?

My personal benchmark is Love For Sail, which I think is the best game in the series as well as one of the best adventure games Sierra published. Only genuine spark in the series since Sierra was that Reloaded of Larry 1, but that also managed to highlight how much they should have altered the design in order to make it feel like a modern game.

But other than that, the track record after Sierra hasn’t made feel like there’s any real future for the series.

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2012-05-22

PM

This could just be a new bundle/collection?

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It is entirely possible that it is a new collection. Then again, Larry Reloaded seems to have disappeared from Steam, so that might mean something.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Not having any hope of course but WTH is that subtitle? A play on D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die?

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

To come even close to that, it would have to be the promised direct sequel to 7; Lust in Space! There’s one dream that will never dry.

I don’t know. That title is shocking. Al Lowe would never be so obvious - at least with the title.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

thejobloshow - 19 May 2018 11:10 PM

To come even close to that, it would have to be the promised direct sequel to 7; Lust in Space! There’s one dream that will never dry.

I think the knowledge that you are having wet dreams over LSL8 falls into the category of “too much information”!!

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

It’s just a cold sweat. I swear.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I ve been thinking as LSL series means much to me, sumthing i am not afraid of admitting, like many who had enjoyed it, but yet neglect it due its nature, however, anyways, i was sorry about my previos hasty post and came to the conclusionthe that the only explanation for this shard of news, and since its IP yet belongs to Activation that it is REAL, and this going to be the first chapter of a five (or whatever) chapters game, same as King’s Quest, and the way LSL has written without any part number next to it as how it was with King’s Quest as new reboot, makes me believe this idea is true. plus what better is marketing campaign than the hassle that is going now all over the adventure players pages, groups and sites, especially the Sierra fan ones.

I am certain that is it, it is not the 1st of April nor we are witnessing this on some unreliable Site, this is Steam wand that is Activation (Sierra) holding its copyrights.

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Larry is the only Sierra IP Activision doesn’t own. Larry is being held hostage by Codemasters.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thejobloshow - 21 May 2018 11:41 AM

Larry is the only Sierra IP Activision doesn’t own. Larry is being held hostage by Codemasters.

Damn. and since when Codemasters gave adventure games, thanks for the correction, but this is bad, really bad.

Total Posts: 161

Joined 2007-09-11

PM

It is a real thing. https://www.hardcoregamer.com/2018/05/23/leisure-suit-larry-wet-dreams-dont-dry-officially-announced-for-2018/300093/ While i am not terrible happy about germans being behind it, CrazyBunch was behind Anna’s Quest, right?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top