• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieIronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Stonewall Penitentiary

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Good news for fans of Storycentric Worlds and the long awaited Stonewall Penitentiary! A May 14th release date Smile

http://www.storycentricworlds.com/news.html

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Looks really cool and creepy. I get a little of Until Dawn vibe in it.

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks for the news Sir Beardalot - I’m really looking forward to the completed game!  Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

& here it is!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

chrissie - 14 May 2018 03:26 PM

& here it is!  Thumbs Up

Been looking forward to this for a very long time Wink

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Well? Don’t keep us all in confinement, how is it? Smile

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Oscar - 15 May 2018 02:03 PM

Well? Don’t keep us all in confinement, how is it? Smile

I’m going to play it this weekend. I’ll let you know my thoughts Smile

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

I’m liking it so far, even though it’s clearly dated - no doubt from being in development for over a decade. The graphics aren’t easy on the eye, but they’re acceptable. All in all this feels like a game from 2005, but a pretty good one.

The thing I like most is how the interface from the previous Storycentric Worlds games has been improved to implement fullscreen graphics. This means new titles will hopefully feature better graphics.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It was a long wait for the game but after now finishing it I’m not disappointed. It’s a very engaging story with not too difficult puzzles - the challenge I think comes from trying to unlock all of the achievements & getting the perfect score which enables you to access a bonus ending scene.

Yes, it does have a scoring system as previous games Shady Brook & The Filmmaker have which I like as you know that you’ve missed something or in my case quite a lot if you don’t meet the target! The downside is you have to be thorough & backtrack a lot if you want that perfect score or I’m guessing that you may have to replay & choose different dialogue choices in ‘star marked’ crucial places that can change the outcome.

I found the story very intriguing & with excellent voice-acting, to my ears, with the very recognisable John Bell lending his talent to some of the characters.

There’s quite a lot of reading to do as you might expect in a very story-led game such as this which seems visually to play a little like looking though the pages of a comic - no, there’s no voice bubbles & the graphics are full-screen but the very pleasing illustrations seem to be reminiscent of artwork drawn on newsprint or similar, such as in a comic, which gives it a grainy look in places which I really liked & for me seemed to suit the game.

BTW, it’s worth looking up the codex on the storycentric worlds website once you’ve completed the game to read more background info about the different characters.            Smile

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

I agree with you chrissie that it was an enjoyable game. I especially liked the resolution with you choosing the killer which could be worked out logically unlike most Agatha Christie style murder mysteries.

My one issue is that when I reached the end I was told I had not discovered all the mysteries of the prison and I would need to play again to find them.

Does the developer seriously think I will replay the game going through everything I have gone through again only this time re-examining everything even more, just so I can find a few more clues and get the “real” ending? Sorry, this is an unacceptable way to design a game. Maybe there are a few die-hard players willing to spend 6-8 hours going through a game again, but I am not one of them!

(I have removed spoiler tags from this last rant as I feel it is important information for those thinking about buying the game to know)

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

I have bought it now. If I don’t reach the good ending, that’s what Youtube is for.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

cyfoyjvx - 19 May 2018 10:25 PM

My one issue is that when I reached the end I was told I had not discovered all the mysteries of the prison and I would need to play again to find them.

Does the developer seriously think I will replay the game going through everything I have gone through again only this time re-examining everything even more, just so I can find a few more clues and get the “real” ending? Sorry, this is an unacceptable way to design a game. Maybe there are a few die-hard players willing to spend 6-8 hours going through a game again, but I am not one of them!

I wouldn’t disagree with your rant cyfoyjvx except as far as I can tell you don’t need to find everything to complete the story with one of the two ‘real’ endings which depend on the dialogue choices made in places rather than getting all the points & unlocking every achievement if that makes sense.

Yes, I found it frustrating not to get the bonus scene but if it is anything along the lines of the one in Shady Brook (I didn’t get the one in The Filmmaker) I’m guessing it is an addendum not needed but foreshadowing a link between all of the games so far & to be revealed in a future release?      Smile

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

It isn’t about the ending or bonus scene, but the fact I couldn’t access all the areas in the game. For example I couldn’t get into the globe in the Warden’s office which I assume was a key part to getting the full story. There are probably other similar parts throughout the game, which would make it very difficult to access the remaining parts of the game on Youtube.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Yes, it is possible to miss out accessing the globe + e.g. also opening the door to the morgue but if you finish the game you pretty much have the full story but with lesser detail. My biggest bugbear, especially when choices can slightly change things, is only having the one save slot & not being able to use the other two ....or is there a way? The clues to using the globe + finding the item you need are all there btw!
As long as the story is intact I don’t mind a game where there’s more to find but I guess it’s not for everyone.    Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top