• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure - Out on Steam and GOG

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Progress update: we’re currently implementing literally tons of secondary characters into the game.

I have to say, having so many characters to animate resulted in a frankly unforeseen boost in my animating speed. Yesterday alone I got through 9 NPCs. Woot!

I leave you with another GIF and the reassurance that Gibbous is coming along swimmingly, octopun semi-intended. I haven’t really posted dialogue stuff lately, so here’s a scene from our Transylvanian inn:

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Great animations. That classy hair touch!
If it’s not much to ask, can I get an avatar sized face pic of the character? Vasille, I think it’s called.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Sure thing! Here he is, in all his perfectly trimmed bearded glory:

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Thanks Thumbs Up

Edit: Can’t seem to change my avatar, always revert back to old one

Edit2: Forgot had to be jpg and not png, done now

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Awesome! Now I’ll see Vasile all over the place! Grin

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

What’s up, fellow adventurers?

New Kickstarter update is up! I know those of you who backed us (thank you again!) already know, but I figured I’d link it in here for everyone else, too.

We talk about moving office (gasp!), getting two more girls on the team (double gasp!) and being content complete. Check it out!

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

So, what’s been up with Gibbous, you ask? Big KS update coming soon, but the tl;dr is that the game per se is done, and we’re super hard at work implementing the ~12,500 lines of dialogue, plus the animated cutscenes. Cthulhu have mercy on our souls!

Until then, here’s a x20 speed Transylvanian scene to tide you over. I’ve always loved how beautiful clouds’ shadows passing over hills looked, so I had to have it in the game Wink

Total Posts: 262

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

So I can hope that we’ll get to play it this year? It shares the place at the top of my most wanted adventures list with very few others. And I’ve been in love with Kitteh since the demo.

By the way, the passing clouds’ shadows look great.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Absolutely! The extensive cast of voiced characters and the fact that we are working remotely with actors from all over the world has made this all go slower than we had predicted, but the game is 100% playable from start to finish. It takes me about six hours to blast through it just going through the motions and skipping dialogue, so it’s pretty long, too Smile

95% of sfx are done, all of Buzz’s voice lines are in the game; cutscenes are 100% animated, and being edited now (also waiting for voice work to come in to be able to finalize them). Basically everything that is completely up to us is done and implemented; we are now constantly getting raw voice from talent, editing it and throwing it in.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mr. Underhill, i need to ask if i missed anything, as i dont check the mail i used to pledge at you kickstarter project much at alll, but i found today (when i finally checked it) that the last update I’ve gotten was at the 26th of Feb??! it seems with your last post here, there must be newer update(s) than Feb, what am i missing?

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey Advie! Nope, you haven’t missed anything. We’ve been planning a big update, but we’re very close to getting some really cool stuff done and I wanted to include that, hence the delays. If another week or so passes by and we haven’t gotten around to that I’ll release the update as is (which has some pretty great news).

For more details, here’s our latest Twitching Hour, where we talk stuff a bit more in detail:

[

Or you can follow the blog over at http://gibbousgame.com/blog/

In case you don’t have an hour to watch that (understandable): the game is done! All we are missing is VO, which keeps coming in and keeps getting edited and thrown in the game (around 12,000 lines worth, from 3 different teams…), we’re also recording with local actors… It’s crazy!

We’re also in the bureaucratic throes of getting an LLC so we can finally put the Steam page up, and we just need to receive some voices and the launch trailer will be done.

To give you an idea, we’re working on an animated cutscene right now (well, it’s 99% done) that is 5 minutes long. We’re going all out on this game Smile

It’s the final phase of the project and things are accelerating like crazy! Myself and Nicu have also been dealing with some health issues, but I think we’re past that now - trying to keep to a work/sleep schedule that’s a bit saner and healthier :0

And a couple of gifs Grin

And this is us rushing to get the game done:

tl;dr: Update coming soon.

Crazy

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mr Underhill - 28 May 2018 08:40 AM

In case you don’t have an hour to watch that (understandable): the game is done! All we are missing is VO, which keeps coming in and keeps getting edited and thrown in the game (around 12,000 lines worth, from 3 different teams…), we’re also recording with local actors… It’s crazy!

OH, you are awesome Mr.Underhill!, to answer me that fast and intense.

for the quote i cut, and as a 7years Sound. Eng experience, recorded more than 16 big Egyptians comical movies OSTs, i need to point out that is what is more important and ‘Crazy’ than the VO (actors) whether they are pro or not and all the funny crazy sessions (moments) of those recordings is the last touch of the sound engineering; Editing and Mastering those lines that can somehow make an amateur sounds pro. Plus all other bits and pieces of leveling, EQing, Noise Reduction, Comprising ...etc.

thank you.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hehe, no problem, we live and breathe this game Smile

Yeah, I’m super aware of how important that is! Thankfully we have our friend Absurdcus, who made the music for our documentary handle this part of VO that you’re mentioning, that’s a bit of a mystery for me.

It does tend to take a while, because for example I’m adding different SFX on top of music for a cutscene and the frequencies will be all over the place… And even though I know it sounds wrong I have no clue how to fix it - that’s when Absurdcus saves the day Smile There’s a lot of exporting individual tracks and zipping and sending over projects and… Eeergh, you know what I’m talking about (better than me, probably) Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

THANK YOU! Mr.Underhill.

I am super-glad that you sound that you got the real perfect man for the Job! voice acting is either great high-up blow or a dud, that’s why many indies stay away from it, as with Earthworms which i loved anyway, but if it had the voice good acting as Unforeseen Accidents it would have been a classic, anyway. i wish you the Greatest luck and for Absurdcus too!.

I am really excited about this game tho also disappointed that the site didn’t have for on H-o-M list this month and the last, too, but i am sure as we are getting close to your release, things will change.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Tangentially related, I was honored to be invited on the Back Seat Designers’ season finale roundtable, alongside much more notable names like Richard Cobbett, Francisco Gonzalez and others, where I bravely and dilligently defended classic style point and click adv—- Actually, it was just a super fun light-hearted two hour chat about adventure games. Check it out Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top