• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Thimbleweed Park cross stitch afghan / tapestry

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

For the past year I have been working on a cross stitch tapestry with the characters from Thimbleweed Park. I converted the pixel art into cross stitch patterns using software called KG Chart and then stitched the characters on afghan fabric. If there are cross stitchers reading this (or you want to learn!), I’ve archived all of the charts here for personal use: http://www.emilymorganti.com/thimblecharts

Now that the afghan is complete, I’ve decided to auction it off for charity. 100% of the proceeds will go to the Video Game History Foundation, a nonprofit dedicated to archiving old games and related materials (like magazines).

The eBay auction is here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handmade-Thimbleweed-Park-cross-stitch-tapestry-afghan/132616723449

It will end on May 16.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Looks incredible fov. Great Job Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 5035

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I can honestly say that I have never heard of this Foundation until your post today.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

The organization is only about a year old, but the people behind it have been collectors for a lot longer.

This is a fun video about the founder Frank Cifaldi’s huge game magazine collection (which now belongs to the foundation):

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The tapestry is lovely fov & I’m so very tempted! Apart from it being a unique thing that I’d very much like to have it’s for a great cause too so I’ll be keeping an eye on the bidding….......if I can afford it at the end maybe!  Smile

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Nice work, fov!  It looks like you’ve got a lot of interest already.  The video made me smile.  I love to see someone with a passion like that.

Carpe chocolate.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top