• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Commissar’s Contrapasso - an adventure game set in WW2

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

Hi everybody!
For the last few months I’ve been working on a game called Commissar’s Contrapasso in the Adventure Game Studio engine.
Commissar’s Contrapasso is a story about an arrogant soviet commissar who follows the official doctrines of the party with little regard for the simple soldiers beneath him, until he finds himself caught alone behind enemy lines that is.

What follows is a darkly humorous adventure with many strange turns. Whether or not the commissar will make it out alive depends on you, the player.

Commissar’s Contrapasso is a point and click game made with Adventure Game Studio. Some of the characters from the previous Sniper and spotter games will make an appearance, but all the games, including this one, is meant to be standalone so that even a new player will be able to enjoy the game.

For the curious, the title refers to the term Contrapasso from Dante’s Inferno, which means “suffer the opposite”, and is used to describe punishments reflecting the sins of the one getting punished, and will hopefully reflect the themes of this story.
Here are links to the AGS forum thread and GameJolt page for this game:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55288.0
https://gamejolt.com/games/commissars-contrapasso/291181

Here are a few screenshots:

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

Here’s a new screenshot from the game. By my current estimations, the game is about 60% completed, with mainly puzzles and animations left to do.

Any thoughts or feedback on this project is welcome!

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey Blondbraid! Been seeing this on the AGS forums Smile Gonna play it for sure when it comes out. Can never have enough WW2 adventure games!

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

Mr Underhill - 20 February 2018 11:19 AM

Hey Blondbraid! Been seeing this on the AGS forums Smile Gonna play it for sure when it comes out. Can never have enough WW2 adventure games!

Why thank you so much, I’m happy to see that you like it, and I hope you’ll like the finished game!

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

I’ve added a new area to the game and I’m currently working on adding different cutscenes to the gameplay of the section.
There will be a few potential death scenes as well, both for the enemy soldiers as well as careless players.

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

I’ve spent some time animating new cutscenes for the game, as you can see a sample of here:
The current section I’m working on will be quite story heavy, and there will be several different interactions for the player.
If you have any thoughts on my project, do let me know!  Laughing

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

I’ve gotten a bit further since my last update, finished animating several cutscenes as well as begun work on a new area. It’s a sewer level! Granted, it’s hardly a new subject in video games, but I do have a few puzzle ideas in mind for this level that I think will turn out fun and interesting to play with in the finished game.

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

Here’s a piece of the puzzle I’m working on, as you can see, there are a few parts missing for the player to find. It’s still a bit of a work in progress, and I plan on adding some more interactions.

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

I spent some time animating this, for those occasions where the protagonist has to look closely at something down on the ground, every frame drawn by hand.

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

I’m currently working on a labyrinthine tunnel section (I even drew up a map to keep track of all the rooms!) which I hope shall prove challenging and fun to explore in the finished game.

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

Here’s a look at the titular commissar’s office:

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

I drew up a new animation for the protagonist, seen here reacting to something horrible. What is he seeing?

You’ll find out in the finished game!

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

Sorry for taking so long with making a new post, I have been quite busy lately. It’s also becoming increasingly hard to post new pictures without spoiling the game, but I wanted to show off the neat parallax effect on the crates in the foreground here.

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

An animation for Victor, one of the side characters. I had fun animating his scarf and hair!

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

Here’s a new screenshot, a work in progress from one of the final areas of the game, and I’m working on building a pretty intense confrontation.

Joined 2018-02-14

PM

Our protagonist finds himself in a predicament.
Will he make it out alive?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top