• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Valve acquires Firewatch developer Campo Santo

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

https://www.polygon.com/2018/4/21/17266690/valve-campo-santo-firewatch-steam

Say what??? Valve mentioned earlier this year that they want to get back into software development after a few year hiatus, but this is definitely unexpected. I never thought of Valve as a company into adventure games, although the Half Life series has very heavy story telling. They did mention at one point earlier that they want all their games to have a multi-player component so not sure what they have in mind here.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

No idea what it means but it sounds like terrible news… Will Valve put them in VR projects ot making story content for TF2 and DOTA2??
I hope at least In the Valley of the Gods isn’t affected

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Gabe has recently stated that he wanted to go back into making software:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/3/9/17099920/valve-artifact-new-games-gabe-newell

This is what he said in an interview with PC Gamer:
“We’ve always been a little bit jealous of companies like Nintendo. When Miyamoto is sitting down and thinking about the next version of Zelda or Mario, he’s thinking what is the controller going to look like, what sort of graphics and other capabilities. He can introduce new capabilities like motion input because he controls both of those things. And he can make the hardware look as good as possible because he’s designing the software at the same time that’s really going to take advantage of it. So that is something we’ve been jealous of, and that’s something that you’ll see us taking advantage of subsequently.”

I hope that doesn’t translate to build Vive software. One can dream that he will build a story driven game again like HL or Portal but I highly doubt it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top