• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

boldy50

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gog releasing some old adventures

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Oscar - 19 April 2018 08:20 PM

Yay! FMV lovers rejoice! A game I have wanted to play for a long time now, The Dame Was Loaded is now up.

Has anyone here played this? It looks like a blast!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok must be had.

but wow, this came a short time after phantasmagoria and looks better rendered..

the dev of at Eric the Unready was also co-developing, as the Gog page shows.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve played it a while back. It’s a bit cheesy detective story and it has some time limit bits in it, which will most likely force you to replay it from the beginning a couple of times before you get it right during the first couple of days, as if you don’t get results its game over.

The story was pretty good though, as far I remember and it isn’t by any means a bad FMV title.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I really enjoyed the Dame Was Loaded when I played it. If I remember correctly, you can die in it if you take too long though. But, thanks to a walkthrough, I finished it and loved it. In fact, I think I might get this again as a digital. It was a romp worth remembering.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Oscar - 19 April 2018 08:20 PM

Yay! FMV lovers rejoice! A game I have wanted to play for a long time now, The Dame Was Loaded is now up.

Oscar, I’m playing this game but I get a question to you. I couldn’t find anything about it in the net: how do you bring the menu (to save, load or quit the game) during gameplay. The only way I can do this is using the typewriter in the office.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

UruBoo - 22 April 2018 04:37 AM

I couldn’t find anything about it in the net: how do you bring the menu (to save, load or quit the game) during gameplay. The only way I can do this is using the typewriter in the office.

As far I remember the office is the only place where you can bring the menu up. It’s not the best method, but that’s how it works.

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Thanks for the reply. Tomimt. I was afraid it was the only way. I hate when you cannot save whenever you are in a game.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Spellcasting 1,2,3 released now
https://www.gog.com/game/spellcasting_123

Meh… but more Legend games is good I guess

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Death Gate is gone, though.

Seems like someone realized that the license for the original IP had expired (as tends to happen with games adapted from other media, see e.g. Telltale’s Wallace & Gromit series) and that GOG couldn’t legally sell it. That makes me worried that we won’t see any Legend game that was based on pre-existing IP (i.e. pretty much all the best ones)...

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 26 April 2018 03:42 PM

Seems like someone realized that the license for the original IP had expired (as tends to happen with games adapted from other media, see e.g. Telltale’s Wallace & Gromit series) and that GOG couldn’t legally sell it. That makes me worried that we won’t see any Legend game that was based on pre-existing IP (i.e. pretty much all the best ones)...

That’s disappointing, and without any notice, at least it’s still in the library for anyone who bought it.
Yeah, doesn’t bode well for the rest of the catalogue.

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Kurufinwe - 26 April 2018 03:42 PM

Yeah I noticed that a few weeks ago. Very disappointing, I really wanted to play it.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 221

Joined 2003-11-10

PM

Mission Critical is available on GOG.
Another great Legend game Heart Eyes

Next I’m hoping for Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon, probably their best game, and the good-but-not-great Shannara.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Shannara might be another problematic release, just like Death Gate, because of the rights. GOG had Death Gate for a short while before the had to remove it, as it was found out the current publisher didn’t have rights to put it on sale.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Mission Critical is excellent, great release.
Hope they also put more text adventures in there - Gateway might be problematic but no reason to skip Timequest

Of the more recent ones Blackstone Chronicles since it’s so hard to play on modern computers would also be good

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

GOG is now teasing the release of Escape From Monkey Island on its Twitter feed:

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top