• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How soon before you replay an adventure you finished.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I remember once i finished a game and started replaying it on the spot, but that was for getting a different ending, and try to enjoy it as a whole because it was released over five chapters, which i played each on their releases.

I usually when i have nothing interesting to play i bring my hard drive and look at all the game played (and have) and mostly my major factor to choose from them is time; how long was since i have (re)played it, and of course the rating left beside, but that is not as important.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I usually replay an adventure game immediately after I finish it just to check if I missed something. well, only if I enjoyed it….

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

mbday630 - 20 April 2018 06:47 PM

I usually replay an adventure game immediately after I finish it just to check if I missed something. well, only if I enjoyed it….

you are a great obsessive adventurer, mbday Wink

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Usually 5-10 years when I have forgotten some of the puzzles and the story. There are some games though that I have replayed way more frequently because they are some of my favorite games ever like The Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango or Full Throttle.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

The last adventure I replayed with Trigger Happy Havoc after finishing Danganronpa V3. However, my backlog is so massive - I rarely replay anything.

EDIT: A really unfortunate typo.

Total Posts: 406

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

For a second play definitely a couple of years… For games that I’ve played more than twice a few years more. I need time to forget some of the details.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

At least 15(sorry, 25!) years, apparently. Tongue

I do have the BS series and GK series and intend to play through them soon but like thejobloshow I must have 200 games in my library I’ve yet to play/finish.

Total Posts: 1167

Joined 2013-02-12

PM

A long time, if at all. I’m a puzzle guy, so I need to have forgotten the solutions (at least if the game involves inventory puzzles or lateral thinking - abstract set-piece puzzles are OK in the same way a sudoku fan could solve the same puzzle couple of weeks later and probably not even notice) and I have a pretty good memory. Sadly this means the really great puzzles (getting into the junkyard in Full Throttle, for instance) will never be as fun again because I’m never likely to forget.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Phlebas - 23 April 2018 05:14 AM

A long time, if at all. I’m a puzzle guy, so I need to have forgotten the solutions (at least if the game involves inventory puzzles or lateral thinking - abstract set-piece puzzles are OK in the same way a sudoku fan could solve the same puzzle couple of weeks later and probably not even notice) and I have a pretty good memory. Sadly this means the really great puzzles (getting into the junkyard in Full Throttle, for instance) will never be as fun again because I’m never likely to forget.

I’m probably lucky in that I’m also a puzzle guy but have a terrible memory, so the puzzles in a game can often be completely new to me. That said, I will rarely replay a game. There is simply too much stuff I haven’t played.

Which brings up a question to those who do replay - do you never think on your 67th playthrough of Gabriel Knight that you could have been using those hours on an exciting, unplayed adventure experience?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

If the game is wonderful, I will replay right away. I just finished Simularcra and loved it. I will replay it right now.

Heart  Embarassed

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 284

Joined 2013-02-26

PM

Usually, several years later (if at all) - just don’t seem to be able to get into games much now since I began devving.  I know others have had a similar experience.  Every so often I do get seriously hooked on a particular game but not very often.  I seem to play more JRPGs and minimalistic RTS than anything these days, although of course I still like to sample a healthy portion of AGs when I can.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Many games I never replay, because they aren’t worth replaying.
The ones I do replay, mostly classics obviously, usually after about 1-2 years after the initial playthrough I look into it again.

Then some I replay almost every year, like Conquest of the Longbow; or about every 5 years or so, like Gabriel Knight 1, 2, Broken Sword 1, Fate of Atlantis and Day of the Tentacle.
There are other I have only replayed once or twice, such as Grim, Sam & Max and many of the Sierra classics.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

It depends on the game for me. I think they tend to fall into about 3 categories:

1. Games that I liked where I missed something. It didn’t take me that long after completing Life is Strange to go again to see different choice options and take lots of photos!

2. Games that I just plain loved or enjoyed. Something like Gabriel Knight for sure, but many others too. Although I haven’t played it for a few years I have played it several times. I just love being back in that story with those characters in those situations. Similar to the way I will re-read a book or re-watch a film I loved. There’s no fixed timetable on it, but really anything from a few months to a couple of years, whenever the game is out of my “recent memory” and I want to be back there again.

3. Average to poor games (my opinions). Probably not getting re-played at all.

@Oscar

I don’t really feel I’m wasting time re-playing games I love. I play to enjoy and relax, and if I’m going to enjoy a comfortable replay then I will go for it and my huge pile of shame can stay there making passive aggressive eyes at me!

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

SoccerDude - 21 April 2018 12:03 AM

Usually 5-10 years when I have forgotten some of the puzzles and the story. There are some games though that I have replayed way more frequently because they are some of my favorite games ever like The Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango or Full Throttle.

More or less this. However I usually find that as soon as I start, the story and puzzle solutions come back pretty quick.

I do replay DOTT more often as my favourite game and a few years ago (2012) I went on a whole retro adventure kick and played a number of the top 100 adventure gamers list.

I’m currently replaying the Broken Sword games as it’s been a while since I pushed a lot of boxes around.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Lucien21 - 30 April 2018 07:43 AM

I’m currently replaying the Broken Sword games as it’s been a while since I pushed a lot of boxes around.

I’m assuming you are also playing the original Shadow of the templars, which I have just finished. It’s still fantastic and the production values hold up even today against modern standards.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

subbi - 30 April 2018 11:02 AM
Lucien21 - 30 April 2018 07:43 AM

I’m assuming you are also playing the original Shadow of the templars, which I have just finished. It’s still fantastic and the production values hold up even today against modern standards.

Needs more boxes though.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top