• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

What game are you playing right now?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Yes the interface is awkward but the game by no means can be described as rubbish which is such an unconstructive description anyway. The developers obviously have designed it for Xbox but have tried to keep it point & click but no, it doesn’t work very well. Apart from that the sumptuous graphics, story, voice-acting (some of it anyway) is top-notch - the only thing that lets it down is frustrating control for accessing the hotspots of which there are many! Definitely not rubbish!!!

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I am presently making my way through two adventures. One is: Reigns her majesty. In the first reigns it was a little ambiguous as to whether it should be called adventure, but this sequel makes it clear for me by adding inventory puzzle solving. You play the many reincarnations of a queen while making sim-like decisions to keep your rule afloat. And youre using your omnipotent multi-life perspective to advance a plot through the ages. So far i really like the improvements over the first game. They seem to have removed the old combat system and for that i am thankful. It was tedious and random.. probably the worst part of the first reigns. Advancing the plot has also been more enjoyable in this game.. large in part because of all the possibilities having inventory puzzles opens.

The other game i am finally getting around to: thimbleweed park. After playing for a few hours i am ready to tip my hat to Ron Gilbert. Its very good. Its possibly the only kickstarted adventure iv played that truly lives up to the idea of creating a modernized “golden era” game. And some of the finished kickstarted games are very good. This is just one of those games that seems to be in its own category. I should probably reserve full praise till iv finished it.. but its already pretty clear this game accomplished a lot.

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

Advie - 11 February 2018 02:06 PM
chrissie - 11 February 2018 01:44 PM
Advie - 11 February 2018 01:35 PM

author=“Advie” date=“1482250395”]but NOW after playing and finishing it, i say stay away from this rubbish.
3 screens at a time, with many of these close-ups on items, still shots! to make just much frustrating and as well giving the minimum locations exploration isn’t any good

Shame on you Advie for ever describing a game as ‘rubbish’!  Pan  Pan  Pan

ye look from a very tiny scoop to the whole of what i said, and i am not taking replies to this statement.

what Micriods did to Pendulo at yesterday origins is truely Rubbish, in another way maybe simplier said; i want my developer Pendulo Studio back!!

Add: you may need to check the Yesterday Origins whole thread so you wont be reading and understanding something outta its context.

Is Pendulo gone? I was only checking their site the other day, hoping for a new game…

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2017-01-26

PM

I am currently playing Thimbleweed Park on my iPad and am finding the classic interface really works well for that device. Some of the other Point & Click style games I’ve tried playing on it haven’t worked as well due because the interface is designed with right click in mind.

I’m enjoying Thimbleweed a lot more than I expected to and it has reminded me what I enjoyed about adventure games so much when I was younger- there’s something about the level of polish and atmosphere to it, combined with fun and intrigue that makes it an engrossing game that I want to keep playing.

I just finished Blackwell Legacy after struggling through it for a long time. It’s interesting to compare the two (though it’s probably an unfair comparison in many ways), to see what Ron Gilbert & Co’s experience add to the Point & Click genre.

To make a fairer comparison, I think Thimbleweed works much better than Broken Age did. As nice as that game looked and sounded, the story and puzzles didn’t live up to expectations for me.

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2018-01-27

PM

chrissie - 11 February 2018 12:34 PM

Bluamy, the game (as it’s available on Xbox also) does recommend using a controller rather than a mouse which could contribute to the interface being a little less clumsy? I found it well worth persevering with (despite using a mouse) but there’s a free demo on Steam if you want to try (even if you don’t want to buy it from Steam. I would also recommend reading the review here + the one over at GameBoomers as that has a quite a bit of detail about the interface which explains it quite well!     
  Smile

Thanks for the feedback, chrissie! I’ve read both reviews of the game and watched video portions of it. And sorry for the late reply.

Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I am currently replaying Technobabylon right now as part of a CPT.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I’m currently playing The Room 3. I was planning to wait for the PC version, since I don’t have a smartphone, but since it’s gonna be a long while before that happens I decided to go ahead and use an Android emulator so I can enjoy it, on my laptop, now instead of later! A wise choice, I’m very much enjoying it, bigger and better as the series continues. Next stop will be The Room: Old Sins, when it’s released on Android that is, hopefully sometime next month according to a recent update.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m currently replaying Broken Sword 3 - I got it + BS4 in a download package years ago, have replayed 1 & 2 (numerous times actually!) but have staved off until now to play at least this one no 3!

Well, I would be enjoying it better if there wasn’t so many goddam actions scenes in it & movement wasn’t so very clumsy but the story + the wonderful dialogue & humour entices me to persist.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I’m currently playing Contradiction and enjoying it, for the most part.

I just want to know if the game can be completed without ringing the Chief as it seems like cheating but maybe it’s required sometimes?

I’ve googled for an answer but there’s nothing obvious and it’s hard to pick through them and avoid spoilers!

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Trying to squeeze as much Unforeseen Incidents as I can into my schedule. So far so great.

Total Posts: 282

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

dumbeur - 03 June 2018 12:57 PM

I’m currently playing Contradiction and enjoying it, for the most part.

I just want to know if the game can be completed without ringing the Chief as it seems like cheating but maybe it’s required sometimes?

I’ve googled for an answer but there’s nothing obvious and it’s hard to pick through them and avoid spoilers!

I’ve just checked a couple walkthroughs to make sure, it seems you can complete the game without ever intentionally calling the chief. That is to say, [spoiler]you have to call him once, but Jenks will do that automaticallyn after a certain event, there’s no way to avoid it and it will not count as cheating when it comes to Steam achievements, if getting them all matters to you[/spoiler].
I remember calling him a few times, but I’m not against using hints here and there. I really enjoyed that hint system, I think it was one of my favourite ones ever.

I haven’t been playing anything in a long time. My computer crashed, fortunately I managed to salvage most of my data, but I’ve lost save files for several ongoing games in the process and I’m not feeling like starting over from the beggining right now. I will definitely do it for Dark Train, hoping this time I’ll avoid being stuck near the end. It’s such a lovely, poetic game, I’m really glad it got a positive review here by the way.
Right now, I’m about to start playing Lost Chronicles of Zerzura, which I got in a bundle a while ago. From what I gather, it’s a rather pleasant game, if a bit on the easy side (but I’m not presently looking for a challenge gaming-wise), however I think I understood from a Steam player review that you can get killed? That would be most unwelcome…

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Thanks, Nicky. Smile

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’ve just started XING: The Land Beyond. Played for about an hour. This seems to be everything that Myst V wanted to be, with its slate that allowed you to influence the world (change the weather, etc.), but with one major difference: from what I’ve played, it looks like this is a very good game—which Myst V definitely wasn’t.

Looking forward to playing more.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I finally gave in to try Dead Mountaineer’s Hotel, and i seriously cant believe how underrated this adventure, the game opens ups to 10s rooms to explore what seems like 100s i dont know why but i always liked these kinda of adventures, reminds of the old times.

of course, I still need time to give my final opinion than its impact over me right now, but how strange i have been playing it for 2 hours and still have many rooms i havent explored yet.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Advie, I’ve played the game twice & there is a very good story behind it hence why I played it for a second time. There’s a lot to like but ultimately it’s badly presented, slow & very disappointing. Not a good game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top