• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Snail Trek, copycats the early game versions of Sierra’s SCI

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i just noticed it today it has three four episodes already released, i am downloading, super hyped.

where is wilco??

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

So how is it advie?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its stupid, it uses the space quest art/colors/planets design, as it is paradoy but its not, and that even not the problem, its a room per chapter, i played only the 1st and look up the rest, the same.

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

I assume you mean Snail Trek, not “Sail Trek” and if so, these games are awesome. Everyone should definitely check them out. The developer has greatly innovated on the classic text parser interface to provide text prediction and other great features. The puzzles are well designed and the writing is funny and engaging.

It does not use any art at all from Space Quest, all the art is done by the developer, Phil Fortier. It is not a parody of Space Quest. It’s clearly somewhat of a parody of Star Trek but not even really that. It’s completely its own thing.

Definitely recommend these games.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

its Snail trek alright, and you might not have played it yet. i have had reached the point to talk about the puzzle(s) (that is getting out of a spaceship which is all just one room ‘are’ puzzles), or the intensity of the dialogues or dealing with the terminal of the ship or i would have supported your saying. but that this nothing i had the chance to come to, i would never.

and as for using the space quest stuff, i dont know if using means snatching or stealing, but i mean recreating the same, and esp from SQIII

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

I have played all four games and enjoyed them quite a lot. They’re great little short adventure games.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hightreason - 16 April 2018 09:52 AM

I have played all four games and enjoyed them quite a lot. They’re great little short adventure games.

i cant explain man to man it will take a lot of typing Smile, but see the first post, tho fair is fair, and i won’t be spending almost 20 Dollars for 4 rooms of the whole chapters, with the current discount of 25% for almost 3$ per chapter. make the calculations, and i haven’t an idea if there a fifth more.

the whole great AGSfree adventures that the one 1/4 piece of one of them are much bigger with the same output even sometimes more upgraded mechanics, voice-overs but mostly original ideas is just humiliating to them.

are ye the developer?

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

$20?? The games cost $0.99 cents each. The most you could possibly pay for all four of them is less than $4.00. And if you get the bundle, you save 25% so less than $3.00 for all of them. (The fourth is the last one. There won’t be more)

And no I had nothing to do with making those games; I’m just a fan.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

then i am sorry, i had seen the whole four, price and the discount and made my calculations as they were given free to me, but i still haven’t changed my opinion of the game, its short, how do you say it extra short Super short. and i wonder how it could it be funny when all jokes are about lettuce. and the game responses couldn’t read anything funny about them.

and what is this if not it doesn’t copy SQ

Total Posts: 39

Joined 2012-05-22

PM

I enjoyed these small games quite a bit.  The first two are around 20mins each, the 3rd more like 30mins, the last one around an hour.  Something like 12(?) rooms total. 
Really interesting to play with a smarter version of the old parser, makes a lot of stuff that would have been super hard in the Sierra games trivial.

The developer released a free game called Void Quest, and is developing a longer game called Cascade Quest.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

jfrisby - 16 April 2018 12:00 PM

the old parser, makes a lot of stuff that would have been super hard in the Sierra games trivial.

i love that parser, first thing already noticed before i got the game, yeah , imagine that was there in late 80s

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I do agree with Advie, that these games have been at least very greatly influenced by Space Quest if nothing else.

Funny thing, when I googled Sail Trek, the first thing I stumbled on was a Star Trek themed luxury cruise. Thanks to Advie’s miss-spelling I now know Trekkies on a cruise ship is an actual thing and the Star Trek actors have nowhere to escape during the event when the fans turn obsessive.

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

Well, I’d be very surprised if Phil hadn’t played Space Quest, so there may well be some influences. I just mean it is clearly not a “Space Quest parody” as was implied earlier. The tone, comedy style, writing, puzzle design, etc are all pretty far from Space Quest.

I think perhaps the issue is simply that many adventure game fans who see a cartoony style game set in space using a text parser will automatically think of Space Quest.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

No one said it is a parody.

Joined 2018-04-04

PM

Oh sorry. I assumed when you wrote “paradoy” above that you meant “parody.” I don’t know what a paradoy is.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hightreason - 16 April 2018 08:52 PM

Oh sorry. I assumed when you wrote “paradoy” above that you meant “parody.” I don’t know what a paradoy is.

Me either.  Laughing

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top