• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure games on PS2

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

Hi, I just bought my first PS2 this past year. I started Echo Night: Beyond. I didn’t get far, but I played the first one and it’s basically an adventure game. There are ghosts and stuff that can hurt you occasionally, but you don’t really “fight” them, you usually need to solve a puzzle or turn on the lights to get rid of them. And you collect inventory items and use them in the right places to get to new places.

Are there any other adventure type of games for the PS2? I know there are games like Silent Hill that have combat and inventory puzzles, but I am more curious about games that have little to no combat. Games like Portal or Talos Principle. Or inventory-based games too, actually.

Total Posts: 119

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Fatal Frame Series
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Myst III: Exile
Syberia I + II
Shadow of Destiny
Ico
Escape from Monkey Island
Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude
Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy
Glass Rose

Visual Novel Style Games
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Konami made one called Shadow Of Memory / Shadow Of Destiny that I’ve always wanted to check out. 

You should check out Psychonauts, if you’ve never played it. It’s a platformer but it has a lot of adventure game elements as well.

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

@HitBattousai: I’ve already played some of those but I’ve never heard of Glass Rose, and forgot all about SH: Shattered Memories.

@PlanetX: I’ve heard of Shadow of Destiny, I should check it out. And yes I’ve played Psychonauts!

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There’s also Atlantis 3: The New World & Largo Winch: Empire Under Threat. Smile

I’ve forever been disappointed with the lack of AGs released on PS2.

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

@chrissie: Never heard of these Atlantis games. Are the previous ones worth playing?

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

desiderio59 - 17 April 2018 02:15 PM

@chrissie: Never heard of these Atlantis games. Are the previous ones worth playing?

You can find the predecessors to Atlantis 3 here by merely just doing a search on this site:

Atlantis Games +

Games preceding Atlantis 3 in the series are Atlantis 1: The Lost Tales & Atlantis 2 (Beyond Atlantis) - from what I can remember they’re presented in a ‘slide-show’ format typical of the Cryo games which I remember very much enjoying at the time! Smile 

Whether they’re worth playing or not depends on whether you like a good story, which they have, but more importantly if you can get along with the interface also - read lots of reviews!  Smile

The games loosely following in that series are: Atlantis Evolution & then Secrets of Atlantis which both breakaway from the slide-show format.  Smile

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2018-01-09

PM

Shadow of Destiny also has a PSP version.  You might find if under the original title Shadow of Memories.  I highly recommend this game.  It’s kind of like a visual novel where you have to replay it multiple times and each time you uncover new hidden twists about the plot and the characters.  Also while many video games use time travel as a story element, very few use it as an actual gameplay element (the best example would be Day of the Tentacle).  The 3D environments and character models are beautiful as well.  I really wish I could find more games like this. 

Anybody know of other games that have time travel gameplay like this?

Total Posts: 509

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

The PS2 is great if you enjoy adevntures with action elements. Lots of great survival/horror games. The Project Zero/Fatal Frame games are probably my favorites among those. The combat (capturing ghosts with the camera) can be quite difficult at times though.

The Silent Hill series are also great, at least the first Three. Silent Hill 2 can basically be approached as an adventure game if you set the combat difficulty to the easiest mode. One of my all time favorite games.

ICO has some action/platform elements but is a must play för any adventure gamer IMO.

I loved Echo Night Beyond. Other PS2 favorites that are more or less pure adventures are Glass Rose, Fahrenheit/Indigo prophecy and SOS- The Final Escape.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

For a major console, the PS2 was rather lacking in pure adventure games. I did however have a huge library do survival horror games. Some of which had great stories and characters.

For the PS2 you could buy cheat disks that made the combat aspects of these games VERY easy and allowed you to concentrate on the story and characters.

I would recommend:

Rule of Rose

Silent Hill 3

Kuon

The Haunting Ground

Fatal Frame 2

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

desiderio59 - 17 April 2018 11:14 AM

...and forgot all about SH: Shattered Memories.

One of the best games ever made IMO. 100% an adventure game and very highly recommended. Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up 

russ869 - 17 April 2018 05:53 PM

Shadow of Destiny also has a PSP version.

I have the PC version. Been ages since I played it though so can’t say I remember much. There are quite a few games that involves time travel in one way or the other. The Sexy Brutal and Time Hollow comes to mind.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top