• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiertrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Curse of Monkey Island out on Steam

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

This thread made me re-install Escape. So, a couple of things that came to mind while I was trying it:

1. The game was clearly made to be played with a controller. I tried both, keyboard and gamepad and it’s far more pleasant to play with a pad. The keyboard controls are atrociously bad.

2. The insult fighting, be it arm wrestling, darts or something else, is a running joke in the game, as the Australian real estate mogul cheating people out of their properties with some form of insult fighting is a plot device.

3. Voice acting is pretty solid. The script and dialogue have been decent, not as good as the previous games, but adequate.

4. I’m not hating the background art. It is surprisingly good pre-rendered stuff with a cartoonish twist to it.

5. Character models are pretty poor.

As a technical note, the installer it has doesn’t work under modern 64-bit architecture, so you need a replacement installer or run it under Residual. The game does, however, work perfectly fine under Windows 10 if you get it installed.

The alternative installer is here: https://quickandeasysoftware.net/software/escape-from-monkey-island-setup

It also allows you to run the game on higher resolutions, but full HD resolution will run slow and there’s a lot of screen tearing. 1280x960 is a recommended resolution and that does make the game, especially the 3D models, look a tad better than the native 640x480. I haven’t even noticed any technical issues with that resolution, if not counting some alignment errors in the games main menu.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Donuts McGee - 30 March 2018 12:18 AM

I think some people are bitter that Escape changed the graphics to 3D, which is strange because these same people probably loved Grim Fandango

tomimt - 30 March 2018 05:18 AM

5. Character models are pretty poor.

Character models were my major turn off in Escape. Way worse than those in GF (or at least those in GF were supposed to look blocky and fitted the atmosphere). I could live with all its other downsides.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top