• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabriel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

adventure games about killing people

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Detective Mosely - 29 March 2018 07:29 PM
garbo - 20 December 2017 12:25 PM

Again Nomadsoul made me think. Although i don’t doubt that those games that he mentioned in one thread can’t be realized in adventure game form

By the way, where is this thread?  I tried looking around for this discussion but couldn’t find it.

google is a better search system for these forums, write the name of the thread you want and after it type “site:adventuregamers.com”

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2018-01-09

PM

There are multiple opportunities to “kill people” in SOMA.  Although I guess whether some of them qualify as people depends on your beliefs regarding the boundary of human consciousness (i.e. the soul) and technology.  Not that you need to kill any of these people.  The game simply gives you the choice to do so and then never comments about the rightness or wrongness of that choice.  You are left to ask yourself those questions on your own.  In my opinion just getting you the player to ask yourself those questions is the purpose of the game, and it is brilliant.

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2007-07-23

PM

russ869 - 30 March 2018 01:01 PM

Not that you need to kill any of these people.

I seem to remember there was one you did need to kill, as it was in the way of something you needed to use, or similar? I remember being unimpressed with this, as before you did have the option. Perhaps there was some other way around it though.

Total Posts: 330

Joined 2017-08-15

PM

Xing could be said to fit in this category. Your task is to kill yourself. Which doesn’t make a whole lot of sense considering you start the game dead…

Member of the NAALCB - (North American Anti- Lobster Cop Brigade) since 2019.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

isn’t Black Mirror about killing people. You just don’t know that the killer is you because of the plot silly plot twists. And the Edna and Harvey games are about killing as well, albeit the main character is oblivious to that.

Mod edit: Spoilers masked

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

tomimt - 31 March 2018 04:46 PM

isn’t Black Mirror about killing people. You just don’t know that the killer is you because of the plot silly plot twists. And the Edna and Harvey games are about killing as well, albeit the main character is oblivious to that.

Please use spoiler tags! Not everybody has played Black Mirror. Why spoil other people’s fun when it’s no trouble at all to click on the spoiler tags? This isn’t the first time I’ve asked you, I even sent you a PM a few months back, but you didn’t and in the end one of the mods took care of it.

See here:
https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/10062/#139049

quoting fov: Please use spoiler tags in discussing the ending of any game.

PS: You were here just now and left again. Unless I’m on your ignore list you must have read my post but didn’t add spoiler tags. Why…?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

you should try Bohemian Killing, it is about a murder YOU did; at the beginning of the game, no cutscene,but you (playing) committed it in cold blood. I dont know if there are other killings in the game, but mainly i read it is about proving you are innocent (MURDER!)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top