• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Replay Games delivering LSL:Reloaded in time??

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

With all the trouble and sometimes awkward statements heard from Trowe, they were almost the only kickstart(ed) adventure given in time, i wonder how did they do it apart from your opinion about the game, if you like or not, but the graphics, gameplay and the tons of voices over recorded nicely with quality proves a lot of work behind it.

Also i think if all given Kickstarter delivered their game in time like Reloaded, things would have been different for adventuring scene and promising new publisher or developers of adventures games that could ve used this fantastic chance for them to revive again.
what a gaming campaign gets a 3.5 million that i guess if we had something similar but for the starving kids in Africa we would have never seen these pledges reaching this amount and at that pace.

with All Due Respect to the devs behind the late Kickstarter(ed) adventures that some of them kinda reached the feeling we will never see them coming or gave up on, i wanna ask them, how is getting your money before the game is released is different to getting them after?

i think the Kickstarter phenomena would have been successful if the delivery time had been given in time and of course and i blame all the devs who had not delivered their adventures even until today for this.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It was delivered in time because the smartest move Trowe did was to outsource the actual technical building of Re-Loaded to N-Fusion, a company with a steady stream of games, albeit nothing spectacular or well known.

N-Fusion had the pipeline and the people at hand to make the game, so after they got the design documents they just did the game ordered and Trowe paid the bills.

http://www.n-fusion.com/page/projects/leisure-suit-larry-reloaded/

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

tomimt - 30 March 2018 12:48 PM

N-Fusion had the pipeline and the people at hand to make the game, so after they got the design documents they just did the game ordered and Trowe paid the bills.

http://www.n-fusion.com/page/projects/leisure-suit-larry-reloaded/

amazing, and thanks for the info. so he turned his compass to companies that were a great help in making it happen, so by anyhow he used the money right, but when you see two or three ppl want to create something by themselves why they do not hire others too to help them deliver the game…
I am just not convinced that half a million (i.e) has any left from it today, to create something that was supposed to have been delivered years ago!

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

If I recall right, and Trowe wasn’t lying, Larry Reloaded ended up costing north of 1 million. more than double they managed to gather through Kickstarter. So keeping the schedule ended up having its own cost.

A small group of developers can potentially develop a game cheaper, as they don’t necessarily need office space and can allocate money where needed. They can even opt to pay themselves a pittance and pour more into the game. There are some small indie devs that go so far as they live together in a community house so that they can put more money in the game. But that isn’t really something that suits everyone.

If you use an outsourcing company, you are more or less tied to the agreed price. If they say doing something takes 100k, then that’s what you end up paying unless you find a cheaper alternative.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

do you any idea how The Two Guys or The Coles work, and how do they spend the money in the developing process?

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I can’t say I have any special knowledge on how the Coles or The Guys are doing things, but I’ve understood that they all work within their own homes, meet up in messenger services and gather in the same place if need be. To my understanding, they also have used a varying number of freelancers to help with the code and what not, so with both the core team is pretty small.

So, in many ways, they’re working in the same fashion as Ron Gilbert did with Thimbleweed Park. He just managed to keep the project together better, which I assume was largely because he was also responsible for the engine programming, so he could take care of all the issues whereas the Guys for an example were relying on outside people to help with any possible issues.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I dont even look for kickstarters to keep to their dates anymore. The important thing is theyr showing detailed signs of progress.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thejobloshow - 30 March 2018 07:38 PM

Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded was delayed:

https://www.polygon.com/2013/5/22/4354728/leisure-suit-larry-reloaded-delayed-until-june

dont you see that this piece of news falls under eventual kinda delay, from May to June is hardly a delay at all.

zane - 30 March 2018 09:35 PM

I dont even look for kickstarters to keep to their dates anymore. The important thing is theyr showing detailed signs of progress.

i dont keep up with any updates, i want the game(s).

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top