• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Questions about the Black Mirror trilogy…

Total Posts: 144

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Ok so here’s the thing,I’ve had Black Mirror 1 for a long time now and this was the second time I seriously try to play it.But due to some bugs I can’t proceed with the game.Apart from that,I peeked into some walkthroughs and the story seems a bit…I don’t know,boring…so anyway I wanted to ask you guys if I get Black Mirror 2 and Black Mirror 3(I’ve already ordered that one)will I be ok playing those or will I have a problem with the plot?

Combine Water with Condom to get Water balloon

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

You won’t have a problem playing BM 2 or 3 if you haven’t completed the first one. BM2 from what I remember fills in most of the important details from the first game. BM 2 and 3 are really two parts of one story, and BM1 is sort of the prequel to them.

However, I do recommend that you play through BM 1 if possible! And no peeking at walkthroughs! Wink

In the worst case you can watch a youtube playthrough of BM1.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

As inm8#2 at his post said you will have no Problem with playing BM2&3 without playing the 1st [spoiler]the only connection in the story will be about some background events concerns the Gordon’s family which at the 2nd and 3rd you will be playing with Darren the Son of Samuel (hero of the 1st), also hear this Foinikas it might comfort you Darren of the 2nd & 3rd has no knowledge of anything that happened with his father and the story of BM1 just like you[/spoiler] Smile

also the 2nd and 3rd parts are considered as one part set into two episodes; with the same basic locations that spread and expand as the story moves on; BM3 begins just a few hours (or maybe less) where 2nd’s end ... while the 2nd starts after many years from the 1st’s.

and all that is there to be connected to the 1st are some little references to some names/events of the family’s history ,that i assure you 100% they will not effect your understanding to the BM2&3 and will not affect (above-all) your progress through both.

So, i think you should go for them right away Foinikas , just remember to play the 1st one-day because its just fun! and you can even convince yourself by then, you are just gonna to play the Prequel Grin

Total Posts: 198

Joined 2012-08-03

PM

You will have no problem playing BM2 and BM3 without knowledge of what happened in the first game. I have actually never played BM1, and I loved BM2 and BM3 .I actually think it works pretty well not knowing what happened in the first game. Smile However you can not play BM3, without having played BM2, that would just be confusing and a lot of details would get lost. Happy gaming.

Anticipating:The Devil’s Men

Recently played:GK1 Remake (4), A Golden Wake (3), Child of Light (4) Memento Mori 2 (4) Face Noir (3.5) Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect (4) Blackwell Epiphany (4.5),Broken Sword 5(4.5), The Shivah Remake (4.5), Monkey Island 2 Remake (4.5)

Top 10 Adventure Games:Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive, Gabriel Knight:The Beast Within, Broken Sword:Shadow of the Templars, Gabriel Knight:Sins of the Fathers, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis, Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon, Lost Horizon, Grim Fandago, The Longest Journey, Blackwell Epiphany

Total Posts: 643

Joined 2006-09-24

PM

Advie your first paragraph has a spoiler that isn’t revealed until later in BM2 - might want to spoiler tag it!

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

You’ll be fine. You are missing out on the best part though Wink

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

inm8#2 - 29 October 2012 02:43 AM

Advie your first paragraph has a spoiler that isn’t revealed until later in BM2 - might want to spoiler tag it!

you are right, i always think of spoilers with those lines concern puzzle’s Solving ,  but some also use it around the story’s lines as well .
better safe Smile

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

Thank you so much guys!I already ordered Black Mirror 3 but I can’t find Black Mirror 2 on DVD anywhere.Only on Amazon Frown

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

One more question:

Would you say that it’s a good horror adventure?I love horror games.Is it spooky?Is it scary a bit?Eerie maybe?

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Foinikas - 29 October 2012 02:32 PM

One more question:

Would you say that it’s a good horror adventure?I love horror games.Is it spooky?Is it scary a bit?Eerie maybe?

i can not say you will jump of your feet playing this game, but it a very Dark game with a dark atmosphere and great gameplaying.

and Foinikas don’t ever think of playing the 3rd before you finish the 2nd Smile

Joined 2010-11-08

PM

No no no no I won’t play the third one first,I won’t understand the story.I got it this afternoon on DVD,you know on retail.It’s so beautiful!

Also the thing with Black Mirror 1 that I got is that I’m still in the beginning where Samuel wants to go to the tower,you know.Where I take the hammer and remove the planks from the door.If you rememember that part at the beginning I mean.

But there are two major bugs that prevent me from playing the game: First a bug where Samuel sometimes appears like a GIANT…

And another one where I can’t save again or overwite the first save I made.

Apart from that the animation is a bit boring and I’m thinking it’s gonna be too big of a game to play.

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

I am no computer techie but could the giant Samuel have anything to do with resolution? With newer widescreen monitors is there a chance that the game can only be played in a certain resolution and a newer monitor can rescale the backgrounds but the characters have to run in what they were created at for that time? Just a thought, maybe play with the monitors resolution. I tried a quick search to find the games recommended resolution but didn’t come up with anything.

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top