• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Indie Games Thread

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Here are my two cents on what grabbed my eye lately in the indie scene:

1. Children Of Morta - pixelart topdown hack’n'slash with a fairy tale fantasy vibe into it. some gorgeous animations. Release in 2018.

2. Death’s Gambit - Shadow of the Colossus meets Dark Souls in metroidvania 2d platformer action rpg. Some epic boss fights. Release in 2018.

3. Eitr - Dark Souls meets Diablo 1 (or at least the aesthetics of it). Release date is 2016. Er… no.

4. Manifold Garden - Portal meets Inception. 1st person puzzle game set in a minimal and endless world of geometrical fractals. There’s no up or down. Just an infinite versions of the world around you. Release in 2018

5. The Almost Gone - Point’n'click mystery puzzler with an eerie soundtrack and Monument Valley aesthetics.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I really want to try Into the Breach.

I loved FTL and this seems like more strategy goodness from its creators

It got 9.0 on ign.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Pixeljunk Monsters 2 incoming, stream in few hrs, plus 428 announced for summer, with footage in same stream , tease

https://www.twitch.tv/spike_chunsoft

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Zanki 0 by DRonpa team

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Chasm is coming to PS4 this summer. I saw that game a few years back at E3, and it looked impressive, so glad it’s finally coming out.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Chasm could be good , this one seems cool too

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

A bit late but The Good Life by Sweary65 got funded on kickstarter after a rocky start!
A demo and a tease of Switch version got the job done. I backed it for the physical version. Now to wait long years…

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2017-04-06

PM

The indie games seem to be getting so much better these days, just look at Cup Head. Last year we saw the reveal of The Last Night at E3. That game looks so beautiful, I can’t wait to play it.

Here is the trailer:

Total Posts: 116

Joined 2013-04-13

PM

badlemon - 19 March 2018 10:46 AM

4. Manifold Garden - Portal meets Inception. 1st person puzzle game set in a minimal and endless world of geometrical fractals. There’s no up or down. Just an infinite versions of the world around you. Release in 2018

5. The Almost Gone - Point’n'click mystery puzzler with an eerie soundtrack and Monument Valley aesthetics.

These look interesting! If you like the concept of Manifold Garden, I suggest reading the short story The Library of Babel by Jorge Luis Borges.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

desiderio59 - 27 September 2018 09:34 AM

These look interesting! If you like the concept of Manifold Garden, I suggest reading the short story The Library of Babel by Jorge Luis Borges.

Thanks for the recommendation. I’ve been planning to read Borges for quite some time.

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2018-10-06

PM

Defending Camelot is just up on Steam (30% off 1st week), if you like Plants vs Zombies you’re gonna love this game, it’s a fantasy version of PvZ Grin

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2004-04-08

PM

Apologies if either of these have been posted in here. Just found out about both and they seem very cool

World of Horror, a game inspired by early Mac games and Junji Ito
https://panstas.itch.io/world-of-horror

The Night is Darkening, a 5-10 minute long adventure game
https://lovelyhellplace.itch.io/the-night-is-darkening

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

Amanita Design new game is a 2D platformer Creaks. I’m really looking forward to see how will they adapt to the new genre, the art is gorgeus as usual.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Although I think Amanita needs a change in direction, that just looks creepy and uninspiring. If that’s where they are headed I’d rather just get the endless remakes of the same game that they’ve been doing.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top