• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

All Adventures in Germany.. (Jan, Jan, Jan)

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

What an ultimate interesting Interview(s) given by the one and only Ingmar Böke that’s presented on the Site the main page, i m reading it now, but i couldn’t help to stop to express my admiration for it, thanking Ingmar and the Site for giving it.

i will add my ideas and repose to it later on.

Continue: 1st thing that caught my attention why were the three of them refering to LucasArts games 99% of their infulunes, but i reemebered what Ron Gilbert said at one ineterview retailvly lately before Thimbleweed Park was out, about regerting (kinda) leaving the Monkey Island series after the 2nd instalment when he was frustrated enough by the number of copies sold by Sierra to LucasArt’s, and because at the time there wasn’t the kinda instant feedback for their or any game or software as today with the Internet, he didnt know that their games were exceeding Sierra’s at every thing in Geramny.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I could not agree more. Great reading. I learned a lot from the article.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mikekelly - 14 March 2018 10:39 PM

I could not agree more. Great reading. I learned a lot from the article.
Heart

thank you Mikekelly for being good enough and paying some respect to this ‘achievement’!
i would have paid to read this triple interview.

and i put my curse (yeah, i m a Pharaoh) Laughing on everyone who read this interview and didn’t even said a worthy word about. 

this interview shed all the light on the current state of adventuring gaming and all that we write at these forums only a crazy person would think its equal to what Jan, Jan and Jan have said at it.

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 15 March 2018 10:17 AM

and i put my curse (yeah, i m a Pharaoh) Laughing on everyone who read this interview and didn’t even said a worthy word about.

WHAT??

Are you feeling okay?

this interview shed all the light on the current state of adventuring gaming and all that we write at these forums only a crazy person would think its equal to what Jan, Jan and Jan have said at it.

Does that mean you take back the alternative facts and fake news about Daedalic you posted in that other thread?

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Advie - 15 March 2018 02:01 PM

Spam

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

how would it have been if this interview was with the ‘fake’ Tim Schaffer alone, i wonder. bite me.

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Sorry, not even as a Tim Schafer fan I get what you’re trying to imply here. What exactly would have been so different if there was an interview about the state of the genre with Tim?  Do you think he would have had tons of positve things to say?

Edit: Also, when it comes to the criticism that was expressed about Tim… of course, every reader is free to have his or her own opinion.  At the same time I appreciate how outspoken Jan, Jan, and Jan have been about lots of things.

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

I know I wanted to comment, I have no idea if I actually did it. I did link it in a couple of adventure and dev-related discords, for what it’s worth. Yep, great article, very insightful, and I’d love to read more of the kind.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Ingmar - 20 March 2018 09:02 AM

Sorry, not even as a Tim Schafer fan I get what you’re trying to imply here. What exactly would have been so different if there was an interview about the state of the genre with Tim?  Do you think he would have had tons of positve things to say?

Edit: Also, when it comes to the criticism that was expressed about Tim… of course, every reader is free to have his or her own opinion.  At the same time I appreciate how outspoken Jan, Jan, and Jan have been about lots of things.

i implying that people or readers here would have been so keen to throw word or two about the interview the way they threw millions into his hands to give us an unworthy adventure, even i guess as Jan Theysen said about the cost “this game probably costs as much as five of our adventure games” quoted, i say he was super polite, look at Broken Age and TBoUT2 form the point execution, animation and artwork even the value of adventuring.

I am sorry i never liked Tim Schaffer and should be known here, but its the first time i say something that ‘sharp-edged’ about him, but surely i can quote myself back time when i criticized even him before BrokenAge

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Got you, Advie!  I wasn’t sure what your comment meant, and I rather interpreted it as something like, ““who are these guys to criticize?””  Now I understand. Wink

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

This was one of the best interviews I’ve ever read and explains a lot that I was wondering about in terms of how the adventure genre is faring. Thanks to everyone involved.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Mikekelly - 14 March 2018 10:39 PM

I learned a lot from the article. Heart

Like what? I’m also very surprised the actual topics in this article haven’t generated more discussion, since it gets to the heart of the genre’s current condition (and probable future).

Total Posts: 1239

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Do you think bundles are killing Adventure Games market?

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Thanks much for the kind comments! Smile

Walas, prices are certainly an important aspect. As Jan, Jan, and Poki illustrated, there seem to be several reasons. 

When it comes to prices, I really liked Jan Theysens’ Book of Unwritten Tales 1 example.

Jan Theysen: You know, when The Book of Unwritten Tales 1 was released in 2009, the game cost around 45 euros in Germany. That was a totally normal price for an adventure game, and nobody would have complained about that price. In the present day, you might be able to ask for 29.99 euros, and you’ll already have a bunch of players twitching, asking themselves whether an adventure game should cost more than 20 euros, and so they wait until the game is on sale or gets sold by Humble Bundle. This results in a way smaller income for you as developer/publisher per unit sold.

EDIT: Yikes, excuse my lousy memory! I read your posting before, and I thought you were talking about prices, not bundles in general.

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Ingmar - 22 March 2018 08:10 AM

Thanks much for the kind comments! Smile

Walas, prices are certainly an important aspect. As Jan, Jan, and Poki illustrated, there seem to be several reasons. 

When it comes to prices/sales/bundles I really liked Jan Theysens’ Book of Unwritten Tales 1 example.

Jan Theysen: You know, when The Book of Unwritten Tales 1 was released in 2009, the game cost around 45 euros in Germany. That was a totally normal price for an adventure game, and nobody would have complained about that price. In the present day, you might be able to ask for 29.99 euros, and you’ll already have a bunch of players twitching, asking themselves whether an adventure game should cost more than 20 euros, and so they wait until the game is on sale or gets sold by Humble Bundle. This results in a way smaller income for you as developer/publisher per unit sold.

I may be wrong, but in the Steam age there are a lot more people buying those 20 euros games than there were in 2009. So “income per unit sold” doesn’t paint a full picture.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top