• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Myst 25th Anniversary Rerelease?

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Luhr28 - 09 March 2018 05:44 AM

If it really is a VR edition, then it’s the dumbest idea ever. Seriously, who is interested in wandering around islands of Myst in 2018? There are far better looking games out there now.

Couldn’t agree more.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Karlok - 09 March 2018 07:59 AM
Luhr28 - 09 March 2018 05:44 AM

If it really is a VR edition, then it’s the dumbest idea ever. Seriously, who is interested in wandering around islands of Myst in 2018? There are far better looking games out there now.

Couldn’t agree more.

Philistines!    Crazy  Laughing

I’m up for anything Myst.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Over the last few years we’ve been working to procure the rights to make all of the Myst games available. As an indie developer, resources are limited for development, and acquiring rights isn’t always an option. But we managed to finally talk to all the right people and departments and put some funding together to try to make it happen. With agreements in place, we’re happy to announce that we’ll be releasing updated (for Windows 10) versions of all the Myst games later this year!

There will probably be more adventures in the Myst universe, but we’re reserving 2018 for remembering our journey, and making something special to commemorate the last 25 years.

More here

https://myst.com/

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Well, that’s good news. It’s about time Myst III and IV got a digital release.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

For those who don’t visit the front page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1252280491/myst-25th-anniversary-collection

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Very exciting!  Thanks for the link. Smile

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Just backed! Very exciting!

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I’m not sure I’m going to back it. I have no interest in the physical stuff, and I already have all the games on GOG except III and IV. $50 for 2 old games that I don’t particularly like and already paid full price for 15 years ago seems a bit steep.

They seem to be doing great without my money anyway. I guess I’ll just buy the two games individually when they re-release them.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

This was what all the fuss was about? Really? I was expecting a new game or maybe Obduction expansion. I don’t need yet another version of the Myst games. It’s time to move on.

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 09 April 2018 06:57 PM

This was what all the fuss was about? Really? I was expecting a new game or maybe Obduction expansion. I don’t need yet another version of the Myst games. It’s time to move on.

But for those of us who have Windows 10, yet really want to play the Myst series, this is a Godsend.

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2004-01-17

PM

Don’t the versions on GOG and Steam already work on Win10? The Kickstarter says the new versions will be released as “automatic updates”... will there be other enhancements? Like the “higher resolution images, less compression, better movies, [and] enhanced sound” of the Riven iPad version?

https://cyan.com/iOS_Riven/Riven_iOS/Features.html

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

Snatcher42 - 09 April 2018 11:31 PM

Don’t the versions on GOG and Steam already work on Win10? The Kickstarter says the new versions will be released as automatic updates… will there be other enchantments? Like the “higher resolution images, less compression, better movies, [and] enhanced sound” of the Riven iPad version?

I’ve been having bugs with the version of Myst on GoG. Riven I’m not sure about.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Snatcher42 - 09 April 2018 11:31 PM

Don’t the versions on GOG and Steam already work on Win10? The Kickstarter says the new versions will be released as “automatic updates”... will there be other enhancements? Like the “higher resolution images, less compression, better movies, [and] enhanced sound” of the Riven iPad version?

Myst 4 is released nowhere.  It is not Windows 10 compatible.

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I wish I could justify getting this for the cool linking book packaging, but $99 for a bunch of games I already have (and can still play, as I still have a computer running XP) is just too much for me. I see no point in backing at the digital tier, as I envision being able to get digital copies later MUCH cheaper if I’m patient.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2008-06-24

PM

Mister Ed - 11 April 2018 10:19 AM

I wish I could justify getting this for the cool linking book packaging, but $99 for a bunch of games I already have (and can still play, as I still have a computer running XP) is just too much for me. I see no point in backing at the digital tier, as I envision being able to get digital copies later MUCH cheaper if I’m patient.

I agree.  I only need Myst 4, but there is no option for just Myst 4.  I’m not going to pay $50 for Myst 4.  Also, they aren’t remastering.  They are just having gog fix them for Windows 10.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top