• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74zobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Deck13 tribute and poll

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

A concurrence with All Adventures in Germany and Beyond round table Interview i thought its a good time to do what i ve been wanting to for while, that is to bring out topics/threads about the deceased adventure developers, paying them a tribute for their great (or even mediocre) adventures of what they had tried to achieve and reach with their games out for us (and even for themselves by fulling their longing for achieving their dream as being adventure developers).

Deck13 might be not deceased like many others, but to adventure gaming they definitely are, i started with them anyway as i said along with the Jan Klose interview [along the other two Jan(s)] on the site’s main page.

What is your fav adventure of Deck13?
Ankh
Ankh: Heart of Osiris
Jack Keane
Ankh: Battle of the Gods
Black Sails: The Ghost Ship
Haunted
Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within

and what did you like or hate about the company while they were active?

Add: CaliMonk, whats wrong the Polls option? it never shows however i try!

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

In all honesty, I haven’t played any of these. I’m supposing I should start with Ankh, right?

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

br305893 - 14 March 2018 12:09 AM

In all honesty, I haven’t played any of these. I’m supposing I should start with Ankh, right?

option1: you start with Ankh, go all the way thru ‘til the end of it as the three parts are somehow connected.

2: start with Jack Keane’s charm but then if you continued to part2 you will be disappointed, at least bc it is so different from the 1st’s gameplaying style and everything, but its a standalone part.

3: go with Haunted as it is a very nice game, and won’t bother by the fact of the last two options for them being series.

4: go with Black Sails: The Ghost Ship, and you might have worries about playing more from Deck13, but it is not that bad, and not the worst of Deck13, but mediocre at best.

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

If you start with Ankh, it’s more than likely to be your first and last Deck13 game.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Headycakesofdoom - 14 March 2018 03:26 AM

If you start with Ankh, it’s more than likely to be your first and last Deck13 game.

so what is your suggestion?

P.S: Ankh and 1 & 2 and Haunted are my favs of Deck13 and right after, just little tiny bit, comes Jack Keane1.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I really like Ankh & Ankh 2 which kept me looking out for Ankh 3 which never turned up in an English language version until way past when I’d lost interest! I liked Jack Keane too!  Smile

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie - 17 March 2018 03:08 PM

I really like Ankh & Ankh 2 which kept me looking out for Ankh 3 which never turned up in an English language version until way past when I’d lost interest! I liked Jack Keane too!  Smile

Same story only I played with English subtitles and finished it when i thought i wouldn’t continue or enjoy it,  but it turned out to be much easier than its predecessors.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top